Outdoor Projector Marketing

futurewasp

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi - I have started a projector advertising business from my flat window in Brentwood, Essex (clients include Joey Essex's shop "fusey" and Gemma Collins) although I have moved now and I need to find an outdoor projector solution. Can anyone recommend one, it must be able to boot up on it's own and start playing when the power comes on (on timer)

Any suggestions will be appreciated.
Thanks
Darren
www.futurewasp.com

1476243_702886309722122_1581730666_n.jpg

When you say outdoor do you mean waterproof?
How did you get planning consent from the council? Was it a long process?

Hi thanks for replying, yes waterproof ideally, but the power comes from a shop sign which comes on by timer when it gets dark, so the projector needs to boot up when it senses power and start playing a dvd or a slide show from a USB stick without any interaction from a human.

One of my clients owns a hair salon, he's also a counsellor and just checked it in a council meeting, as it was a bit of an experiment they just said yes. :)

That's lucky with knowing a councillor ;). Not heard of a waterproof PJ so you may need to construct a housing box along the lines of the CCTV ones, but the airflow may cause problems for overheating. Just out of interest what PJ are you using?

Yeah lucky eh! lol
Im using an optoma projector and have build a box already. It's essentially the auto power on and play which is what i need, but i though there maybe automatic projectors out there for outdoor use already.
Ill have to keep searching... thanks!
BoArvxCIQAEOp17.jpg

Ok, I presume you will be putting Perspex on the front and bottom to protect from the weather? Then some air holes with mesh over? The turning on could be a problem unless you could get one with wifi and do it remotely. I am sure some more knowledgable than me may be able to help.

Looking to do the same for an outdoor logo projection, anyone found a projector with auto start from a SD or USB?

A raspberry pi running openelec with an autoexec script to run a particular video file? The pi could be powered by the usb port on the projector and would autoboot into openelec (kodi) and then play the file. You would see some onscreen boot logos and stuff but then would go straight into the video.

Check this thread How to start XBMC to auto play movie? for the autoexec bit.

If you're doing a Pi, add RS232 to the mix - loads of PJs have RS232 / serial connections that allow you to power up the device.
This is the link for one that would work:
Serial Pi Plus

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom