Outdoor PIR sensor

D

Deleted member 52097

I have a property in the middle of the countryside which is a regular target of vandals. The building is surrounded by private land and is hooked up to an alarm system with outdoor cameras. The alarm system works very well, however the problem is that by the time the alarm goes off the vandals will have enough time to do quite a bit of damage before the police arrive. The neighbour's children keep doing damage and I'm getting fed up.

Therefore I'm looking to get some kind of outdoor PIR sensor that can send me an alert to my email or whatsapp when it detects human presence. Basically I want to know of someone is tresspassing before they even break in. Is there any outdoor system that hooks up to the internet that can do this? I've searched but all I seem to find os driveway alarms that don't connect to the internet.

Your camera system may well have push notification for motion sensing ?

What system is it ?

Your camera system may well have push notification for motion sensing ?

What system is it ?
I've used various cameras but mainly Hikvision. The motion detection is okay for checking later, but there are too many false alerts due to shadows, birds, leaves, insects, etc.

Have you tried the line crossing setting on HIK Vision, rather than the motion detection on the grid system?

Have you tried the line crossing setting on HIK Vision, rather than the motion detection on the grid system?

yes if you are getting false alarms i would say that's more to do with the setup, and an external PIR may not be any better nor will a PIR have all the digital "tweaks" that a camera may have

yes if you are getting false alarms i would say that's more to do with the setup, and an external PIR may not be any better nor will a PIR have all the digital "tweaks" that a camera may have

I've tried line crossing. It doesn't solve the problem of alerting me if a bird or cat crosses the line. Surely PIR should be more accurate since it detects heat? Or maybe some of the newer IP cameras or NVR's have good AI with accurate humanoid detection? If Google and Facebook can identify an individual's face, then surely there must be a more accurate way of detecting humans with an IP camera.

Alternatively

If you can run cable to the PIR, then all you need is to link it to a Wifi enabled relay/switch (Shelly are low cost) so that when the PIR is triggered it activates the relay which in turn sends a message to your phone via the Shelly App

Alternatively depending on your NVR the PIR could trigger recording and push notification.

The NVR would need Auxiliary alarm inputs

Another alternative but will very much depend on budget is the AJax Alarm system using a Ajax Hub and a Ajax Motion Protect Outdoor Sensor(s)

The sensors are wireless so range is a factor

If still going down the PIR route, go for a Dual tech to avoid false alarms (especially if external) + ‘smarts’ Seb suggested

Fabien

Another alternative but will very much depend on budget is the AJax Alarm system using a Ajax Hub and a Ajax Motion Protect Outdoor Sensor(s)

The sensors are wireless so range is a factor

If still going down the PIR route, go for a Dual tech to avoid false alarms (especially if external) + ‘smarts’ Seb suggested

Fabien
Excuse my poor understanding of these PIR sensors, these need to connect to a wifi capable receiver/relay switch? I'm okay with networking products but never really installed a security system.

Ajax use there own High security wireless communication protocol , jeweller .

the sensors communicate back to the Ajax hub over this wireless method .

the hub is then connected to your internet router

Has anyone used any of the Hikvision Acusense cameras? This appears to have some kind of advanced AI capabilities. If this works, then maybe I don't need to go down the PIR sensor route.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom