Outdoor garden waterproof speakers

M

MikeCole

Hi guys.
I am sorting out my patio area ready for the summer weather! :)

I have been looking into some waterproof speakers, there are some unbraded ones on ebay or I have seen these:
http://www.aqsound.com/store/en/view_product/43/300/product_reviews/

Has anyone got any options on these or any othe similar product?

These are only 25w rms but I figure that on a small patio it does not need to be massively loud.

Cheers

Mike

BristolMatt

Standard Member
Hi

Not sure if these are fully outdoor-proof (it says they're 'weather resistant' and are designed to be permanently mounted) but they're in the same price range and are a fairly good make. Another option for you anyway:
Clicky 1
Clicky 2

M

MikeCole

Thanks for the input.
I was not originally after "Rock" speakers as I do not see a reason to hide them. My thoughts were that for the same money you would get better quality "normal" speakers then "Rock" shaped ones.

I might be wrong though!!

That said, those Jamo rock ones do look like a good quality speaker on paper. I just need to check my amp will drive a 4 ohm load ok.

Mike

cribeiro

Hi guys.
I am sorting out my patio area ready for the summer weather! :)
I have been looking into some waterproof speakers

You are not very optimistic, are you? :) I mean, if they are for summer weather... they shouldn't need to be waterproof :D

OTOH... You live in UK, so better look for some submarine speakers :rotfl:

Aside from this, I am sorry I can't help :rolleyes: :suicide:

M

MikeCole

You make a good point!

I would like to leave the speakers out in all weather so all I have to do is turn the amp on and play my CD's and I have music! :)

davepuma

Distinguished Member
I have in-ceiling bathroom speakers made by the same people (AQ) and they sound great to me. For all the use they get, in a harsh environment, I felt it was more than enough money to spend.

M

MikeCole

I am aware of the IP ratings.

Some speakers I saw were only IP 32!

Cheers for your input Dave.

Mike

Dony

Distinguished Member
I have a pair of THESE on the wall in my patio.

Edit: Open the link, then go into speakers, then to the Outback series. I have the OB 5.1

They do the job very well. I use them mostly used for listening to the radio (I work from home a lot) but at BBQ's etc they really are a talking point. :D

They are manufactured in America. Here is a link to the main UK dealer

HERE

I had them installed as part of an overall set-up. :smashin:

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom