Outcast (Cinemax) S2 July 20

raigraphixs

Outstanding Member
Reaction score
The Walking Dead's Robert Kirkman is developing a tv series based on his upcoming comic book series set in the world of exorcism
The series follows a young man, Kyle Barnes, who has been plagued by possession since he was a child. Now an adult, he embarks on a spiritual journey to find answers but what he uncovers could mean the end of life on Earth as we know it.

The show is being developed by FOX International Channels (FIC), Kirkman’s Skybound imprint at Image Comics, and Circle of Confusion

Kirkman;
“Sharon Tal Yguado and the entire team at FOX International Channels have been instrumental in making The Walking Dead the worldwide success that it has become. I couldn’t resist the opportunity to continue working with this forward-thinking and extremely talented group.”

Sharon Tal Yguado, EVP Global Scripted Programming and Original Development at FIC;
“Exorcism has captivated movie audiences all over the world but has never been explored on television,” “Robert Kirkman, who forever changed the scope of Cable TV with The Walking Dead, possesses an unparalleled talent of telling big concept stories in a smart and incredibly genuine way. We couldn’t be more excited to be working with him on this project, which we see as a reinvention of the genre.”

Kirkman is also developing - http://www.avforums.com/forums/television/1617560-thief-thieves-amc.html

Cinemax has bought the rights to Robert Kirkman's exorcism series, Outcast

Press Release:
FOX International Channels (FIC) today announced that Cinemax has acquired the U.S. rights for The Walking Dead creator Robert Kirkman’s exorcism drama, Outcast.

Outcast was shopped as a spec after it was developed internally at FIC and is Kirkman’s first time penning a pilot. It was pursued by a number of leading cable networks before landing at Cinemax. The TV adaptation is based on Kirkman/Skybound’s recently announced comic book by the same name. Kirkman will serve as Executive Producer alongside David Alpert of Circle of Confusion.

Outcast follows Kyle Barnes, a young man who has been plagued by possession since he was a child. Now an adult, he embarks on a journey to find answers but what he uncovers could mean the end of life on Earth as we know it.

“Despite the success of The Walking Dead, Outcast is only my second foray into the horror genre. I think Kyle Barnes is every bit as compelling as Rick Grimes and demonic possession is way scarier than zombies–so this is going to be fun,” said Robert Kirkman. “Starting a new project is like setting off on an long journey and I couldn’t ask for better travel companions than David Alpert and Sharon Tal Yguado and I’m thrilled to be a part of what Cinemax has planned for the next few years.”

“At FIC, we’re committed to creating compelling, innovative television with A-List writers like Robert Kirkman, and with Cinemax we have a partner that is as passionate as we are about this very unique project,” said Sharon Tal Yguado, Executive Vice President of Original Development and Scripted Programming at FIC. “Outcast is unlike anything on television and has the potential to become another global phenomenon.”

Cinemax have ordered Outcast to pilot
At the center of Outcast is Kyle Barnes, a young man who has been plagued by demonic possession for his entire life. With the help of a reverend, Kyle steps into adulthood seeking the answers behind his problem, uncovering secrets that may have extremely dire effects on the entire planet.

Outcast is available in comic form, the first issue was released last month -
Image Comics | Releases | Outcast by Kirkman & Azaceta #1

- Patrick Fugit cast in lead role of Kyle Barnes, a young man plagued by possession since childhood. Kyle sets out to find answers, in the process uncovering something that could end all life on Earth as we know it.

- Philip Glenister in the role of Reverend Anderson, a hard-drinking, hard-gambling West Virginian evangelical preacher who believes himself soldier in God’s holy war against evil.

- Gabriel Bateman will play 8-year-old Joshua Austin, a young boy who appears to be possessed by a demon and has a mysterious connection to Kyle.

The Guest‘ and ‘You’re Next‘ helmer Adam Wingard will direct the pilot episode

Cast update;

Reg E. Cathy (The Divide, House of Cards, Banshee) as Giles, is Rome's chief of police and a poker buddy of Anderson’s. Although he doesn’t believe in possession quite as strongly as Anderson, he’s seen enough to know there’s some truth to his friend’s assertions about demons.

Kip Pardue (Ray Donovan) as Mark Holter, the husband of Kyle’s adopted sister, Megan. Mark is a small-town cop whose temper sometimes gets him in trouble. Despite being mildly religious, Mark is a skeptic, who would never believe in something like demonic possession.

Julia Crockett (Law & Order: Criminal Intent) as Sarah Barns, Kyle’s mother. Filthy and raving, Sarah makes young Kyle’s life a living hell. At first, this might seem like the result of mental illness. But Kyle will come to understand that it's something more.

Allison Barnes (Let It Shine) is Kyle’s former wife. Since she left Kyle, she’s devoted her life to raising their daughter, Amber. She lives a few counties over in Charleston, West Virginia. Thought she tries to move on from her marriage to Kyle, Allison can’t quite get over her lingering doubts about what really happened between them.

Wrenn Schmidt (Boardwalk Empire) as Megan Holter, Kyle’s adopted sister and a child psychologist. Megan is always on a mission to fix people, especially Kyle. Although she puts up a hopeful and confident front, Megan may be as emotionally damaged as Kyle — a result of the scarred past they share.

Cinemax has ordered demonic drama to series

Michael Lombardo, HBO programming president;
“We are thrilled to be in business with Robert Kirkman, a visionary talent who has the unique ability to tap into today’s zeitgeist, making him a perfect fit for the newly expanded Cinemax roster.”

Hernan Lopez, President and CEO, FOX International Channels;
“We couldn’t be more excited to bring Robert Kirkman’s new drama to Cinemax. Outcast is an ambitious series and Adam Wingard has directed a powerful pilot. I am very proud of the work that Robert, Sharon and team have put together.”

image.jpg
image.jpg

Like the look of this, I think I saw it advertised as being on Watch in the New Year but not sure of the date, from what I have seen its due around Feb/March.

- Renewed for S2

ahead of season one premiere on Friday 3 June

Last edited:
episode 1, an interesting introductory :laugh: makes one wonder :cool:

just a heads up that Fox have got the premiere episode on demand at the moment as a special advanced preview like they did with American Horror Story Hotel. We're on Virgin but I'd assume it's available on other providers aswell. I'm not sure how long it's available to view ahead of the series starting properly on 7th June, but we watched it earlier and thought it was pretty decent, intriguing stuff. Looks like it could develop into something rather grim :smashin:

just a heads up that Fox have got the premiere episode on demand at the moment as a special advanced preview like they did with American Horror Story Hotel. We're on Virgin but I'd assume it's available on other providers aswell. I'm not sure how long it's available to view ahead of the series starting properly on 7th June, but we watched it earlier and thought it was pretty decent, intriguing stuff. Looks like it could develop into something rather grim :smashin:

enjoyed this too, hope it does no repeat the same thing per episodes, and they develop the dark forces origin

I'm expecting the usual sort of procedural/monster of the week type episodes for the first 2 or 3 then I'm hoping they move onto developing a bigger story arc that you can already see is there waiting to be tapped. But I guess we'll see. There's definitely looking like there could be some interesting flashback stuff to fill out the back story a bit more

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom