Outbreak on ITV

James45

Standard Member
Reaction score
god it's in a horrible ratio, looks like it's been cropped left and right and then stretched horizontally. looks utterly horrible.:(

Cor Yeah, I see what you mean, eeeugh!!! :eek:

I was cursing as I was going to tape it in W/S and I missed the start when I switched on I could not believe they were showing it in 4:3. I’m still waiting for them to re-release it as a SE.

it was only the second 'segment' which was formatted wrong.

although they showed the rest of it in 4:3 !!!! :devil:

the second segment, was 4:3 squashed into a letterbox format.

i nearly went mental. i'm gonna have to put itv and channel 5 customer services numebrs into the speed-dial on my phone, as they both insist on showing films in 4:3

i shouldn't really mind as i have a 4:3 telly...but it really winds me up

This film was my first experience of Dolby Digital. It was the Bristol show of 1997? and Linn were using Outbreak as demo in their room.

I heard the plane coming from rear right flying slowly to front left before dropping the bomb.

Shortly afterwards I was made redundant and we didn't have two pennies to rub together but I did have £600 left on my credit card so I bought an imported Pioneer 606 and Outbreak.

If I hadn't gone to that show I would now have thousands more in the bank :(

It's alright but not that great. I recall some friends doing the usual, "what about that bit, eugh" and thought is that it?
Still, I wonder if Dustbin Hoffman shot himself up in plague stylie for his infamous method acting style - suddenly hearing John Gielgud saying to him in Marathon Man, "Why run to appear out of breath? Act".

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom