Out with the old...

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Mkm, Mar 16, 2002.

1. Mkm

Mkm

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +289
    Hi there,
    I'm kinda new to these forums, and I've had a brief browse through but I was wondering if anyone could offer some advice...
    My old pioneer 909 has once again seized up and refuses to open up (kinda annoying since it's got a disc in there! :mad: ).
    I've already had it repaired once at Sevenoaks several months ago so I'm thinking about finally replacing the aging old beast. My system consists of a Sim2 HT200DM DLP, with an IScan line doubler and a Denon AVC A1 (no dts, but I'm waiting for bonus month before I can consider upgrading that!). So I'm thinking about spending upto a grand on a new player that'll sit comfortably with everything else :cool:
    My primary focus is picture and sound quality for movies. With cdr, mp3, etc. support not being that important, but a bonus if it were there.
    After visiting the local Store, the Denon 2800 is looking like the prime candidate at the mo (£700 modded), but it sounds like the Arcam AV88 and Pioneer 747 seem to be popular too. Then there's the Denon 3800 coming out soon too. Is the Arcam really worth another £300 over the Denon? I'm guessing the silicon image line doubler in the Denon is somewhat redundant since I'm already using SI's IScan anyway... :confused:

Any advice and suggestions gratefully received :D
    Cheers
    MikeM