1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Out of touch

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by nunew33, Jan 15, 2004.

1. nunew33

nunew33
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Lytham St Annes, where people are put out to grass
    Ratings:
    +2
    Havent followed what is happening in the world of HDD/DVDRAM based recorders for a while, been concentrating on big screen.

Last time I looked none of the current batch had all these; HDD, caddied RAM, Prog scan pal/componant connectors and RGB in.

Ive heard whispers of the Tosh RD-XS32 and Im sure the other manufacturers will be releasing new models.

Is there any information on whats coming next that indicates that the next generation of HDD/DVD recorders will have the features I want?

I want to relegate my VCR and DVD Player to another room and use the recorder as the main DVD player with a projector so prog scan and componant are important. I also want to use it as the main recording device for Sky which I use for the Art house Film four movies that get shown at 3am
    :thumbsdow and are unwatchable on the projector using VHS. Caddied RAM is a requirement because my PC has a first generation DVD burner which only accepts caddied DVD RAM. I want to archive Home movies and want to be able to create titling and transitions on the PC and insert them into any home movies I archive.

With these requirements am I best off waiting? Am I waiting for a bus taht will never arrive and if so, which of the current crop will meet my needs the best?

Any help gratefully appreciated!