1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Out of these 2 tv's, which do you recommend?

Discussion in 'TVs' started by jigglynuts, Jan 26, 2004.

1. jigglynuts

jigglynuts

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have upped the budget from £350 to £500+ for a new tv after hearing some negative feedback concerning the cheaper models.

The 2 tv's i've seen that are about £530 are the SONY
    KV28FX68 and the Philips 28PW9308.

Both tv's look great....sony has the 2 rgb's(nice)...Philips has the pixel +(nice?)..both are 100hz(tasty)...And i can get both for about the same price(i'm finding it hard to choose between the 2 as both get great reviews as well).

I basically want the best picture quality for my dvd films, the best pic for my xbox and gamecube..I only use NTL digital for my tv watching(no analog usage).

Anyone got either model or seen them in action so that you can steer me in the right direction? :confused:

I don't want to resort to tossing a coin to decide....I'm getting the tv ordered online in a few days time.

Cheers for any help! :clap:

2. deang

deang

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I had trouble making the same joice between the 32" variants - however I went for the Sony in the end. I'm VERY pleased with the choice - I'm on ntl digital and use DVD's and the picture quality is excellent on both. I decided against the fancy digital stuff on the Philips because of some of the reports of bad pixellation, and the Sony has a better build / quality reputation. Hope this helps your decision!

3. jigglynuts

jigglynuts

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the reply....before i actually saw your post i actually decided to go for the sony one in the end(ordered it about 3 hours ago)....Looks a decent set and has 2 rgb scarts instead of one(£30 cheaper as well).

4. stejcoolj

stejcoolj

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I briefly owned the 32" 9308 in the Summer. It was horrible. Any time anything moved on screen there was either noise, smear or digital artifacts on screen. Live sport looked terrible. DVDs were markedly better but shimmering was still an issue, even in the new pixel plus mode, "movie plus".

I returned the TV within a week and was put off buying any 32" until the cash burning a hole in my pocket became too much. I got the Sony 32FX68 last week. Fantastic. Picture is great, and I haven't noticed any of the flaws that are supposedly prevalent with 100hz sets. DVDs look superb and I cannot fault the picture quality (and I am fussy)

I've got ntl digital and would recommend the FX68 without hesitation. Make sure that you connect the ntl box with a good quality SCART direct to the TV and make sure you change the ntl settings to an RGB signal. This will ensure the best set up / picture possible.

5. jigglynuts

jigglynuts

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Damn, i'm glad i ordered the sony fx68 then after seeing your post...I wouldn't have been happy watching the football or other stuff with loads of smearing etc happening....Thanks for the reply...looking forward to checking the sony out when it turns up thursday. :smashin: