Out of the Blue (1980) 4K UHD

RedDevil85

Distinguished Member
Link: Severin Films

Release date: 31/05/2022 (US)

Severin Films (US) release.
OotB_4K_Severin_US.jpg

By popular demand! The producers of the OUT OF THE BLUE 4k remaster were inundated with requests for a UHD release with HDR color in addition to the formerly announced blu-ray. The HDR color correction was just completed and approved this week and sent for UHD authoring. Before we start shipping the Webstore blu-ray orders this week we will be offering an upgrade to the UHD edition (3 discs: 1 x UHD, 2 x blu-ray) which will be shipping from the Webstore in a couple of months. Everyone who has ordered OOTB will be emailed with the upgrade offer and there will also be a listing on our site. Full details to follow in the next day or so.
Disc 1 (Ultra HD):
  • 4K Feature Film
  • Audio Commentary With Director Dennis Hopper, Executive Producer Paul Lewis And Distributor John Alan Simon
  • Audio Commentary With Film Scholar Kate Rennenbohm
  • Audio Commentary With Film Writer Kat Ellinger
  • 40th Anniversary 4K Restoration Premiere Q&A With John Alan Simon, Elizabeth Karr, Julian Schnabel And Natasha Lyonne
  • Trailer
Disc 2 (Blu-ray):
  • HD Feature Film
  • Audio Commentary With Director Dennis Hopper, Executive Producer Paul Lewis And Distributor John Alan Simon
  • Audio Commentary With Film Scholar Kate Rennenbohm
  • Audio Commentary With Film Writer Kat Ellinger
  • 1984 Dennis Hopper Interview By Tony Watts
  • Gone But Not Forgotten – Remembering Linda Manz: Critics, Colleagues And Fans Pay Tribute To Linda Manz, Including Leif Garrett, Lydia Lunch, Bobby Gillespie (Primal Scream), Patty Schemel (Hole), Larry Schemel (Death Valley Girls), Weasel Walter (Flying Luttenbachers), Jacob Reynolds (Actor, Gummo), Fashion Designer Wendy Mullin (Built By Wendy), Filmmaker And Activist Juliet Belmas And Film Critic Dorothy Woodend
  • Subverting Normality: Linda Manz Comes From Out Of The Blue — Video Essay By Amanda Reyes And Chris O’Neill
  • Terminal City Blues — Vancouver Onscreen In OUT OF THE BLUE: A new Video Essay By Kier-La Janisse And Stephen Broomer
  • MAINSTREET SOLDIER — A Short Film By Leonard Yakir
  • Partial Commentary With Director Leonard Yakir On MAINSTREET SOLDIER
  • Restoration Trailer
  • Theatrical Trailer
  • Jack Nicholson Radio Spot
Disc 3 (Blu-ray):
  • Remembering OUT OF THE BLUE — Eleven New Cast And Crew Interviews
  • Me & Dennis — Six New Interviews With Hopper’s Friends And Colleagues, Including Ethan Hawke, Richard Linklater, Philippe Mora, And Julian Schnabel
  • Straight To HellAlex Cox Recalls OUT OF THE BLUE
  • Dealing With DemonsBrian Cox On Acting And Dennis Hopper
  • AFI Q&A With 4K Restoration Producers John Alan Simon And Elizabeth Karr

Attachments

• OotB_4K_Severin_US (Alternate_Slipcover).jpg
    OotB_4K_Severin_US (Alternate_Slipcover).jpg
    301.6 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:

IGC

Distinguished Member
Fantastic news bit of a kick in the teeth financially as I just bought the 1080p BFI release but I'll be supporting Severin no matter.

The transfer already looks beautiful in 1080p.

IGC

Distinguished Member
Just prepping my next 4 or 5 item Severin order and I see both versions of OOTB are labelled "North America Only".

That'll stop me making an order I'll have to shop elsewhere this time.

On at the cinema:

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung S95B QD OLED Review - A Quantum Leap for OLED!
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom