Out of sync audio (resolved) Samsung QN95a/Q800b, Sky Q, Xbox One S

Baldinio

Novice Member
Hi, new member here.

I thought I would post a message detailing how I seem to have resolved my voice sync issues when I purchased a new Samsung Q800b soundbar to go with my Samsung QN95a (also new), Sky Q box and Xbox One S.

Initial set up is: TV (One Connect) - Soundbar via eARC HDMI ports, SKY Q and XBox - One Connect via HDMI ports.

Initial TV settings;
Sound>Expert Settings
  • HDMI-eARC Mode = Auto
  • Digital Output Audio = Auto

Initial Sky Q settings;
Settings>Setup>Audio visual
  • Dolby Digital Plus

Initial Xbox settings;
  • Installed Dolby app
Settings>General>Volume & audio output
  • HDMI audio = Dolby Atmos for home theater (HDMI only)

The was a delay with voice through all inputs and none of the voice sync tools would resolve this as the delay was apparent after the picture. It was also apparent in soundbar only mode as well as Q symphony. I started reading various threads around the best way to connect up devices, relevant to my set up, and was about to begin changing some of the HDMI connections around then had another go at the settings, this is what I changed/edited.

TV settings;
Sound>Expert Settings
  • Digital Output Audio = Pass-through

Xbox settings;
Settings>General>Volume & audio output>Additional options
  • Allow passthrough = Yes
Settings>Devices & connections>Blu-ray
  • Let my receiver decode audio = Yes

Tested both a bluray and Sky Q content and voice is synced. I watch Netflix/Prime etc through the native TV apps and these are now also synced. Really happy to get to this point as was getting a bit frustrated with it even though the sound quality is amazing. Just need to figure out how to stop the sound staying in Game Mode when you switch from Xbox to SKY :)

Hope the above may be of some benefit to someone.

Cheers

Ashy9

Hi, new member here.

I thought I would post a message detailing how I seem to have resolved my voice sync issues when I purchased a new Samsung Q800b soundbar to go with my Samsung QN95a (also new), Sky Q box and Xbox One S.

Initial set up is: TV (One Connect) - Soundbar via eARC HDMI ports, SKY Q and XBox - One Connect via HDMI ports.

Initial TV settings;
Sound>Expert Settings
  • HDMI-eARC Mode = Auto
  • Digital Output Audio = Auto

Initial Sky Q settings;
Settings>Setup>Audio visual
  • Dolby Digital Plus

Initial Xbox settings;
  • Installed Dolby app
Settings>General>Volume & audio output
  • HDMI audio = Dolby Atmos for home theater (HDMI only)

The was a delay with voice through all inputs and none of the voice sync tools would resolve this as the delay was apparent after the picture. It was also apparent in soundbar only mode as well as Q symphony. I started reading various threads around the best way to connect up devices, relevant to my set up, and was about to begin changing some of the HDMI connections around then had another go at the settings, this is what I changed/edited.

TV settings;
Sound>Expert Settings
  • Digital Output Audio = Pass-through

Xbox settings;
Settings>General>Volume & audio output>Additional options
  • Allow passthrough = Yes
Settings>Devices & connections>Blu-ray
  • Let my receiver decode audio = Yes

Tested both a bluray and Sky Q content and voice is synced. I watch Netflix/Prime etc through the native TV apps and these are now also synced. Really happy to get to this point as was getting a bit frustrated with it even though the sound quality is amazing. Just need to figure out how to stop the sound staying in Game Mode when you switch from Xbox to SKY :)

Hope the above may be of some benefit to someone.

Cheers
Great thanks can you advise what settings you have the q800b set too as I've just purchased one myself cheers

Baldinio

Novice Member
I use the Samsung SmartThings app for settings;

Sound Mode - Adaptive Sound +
SpaceFit Sound - On
Active Voice Amplifier - On
Voice enhancement - On
Bass enhancement - Off
Night Mode - On/Off depending on what's being played/time of day

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung QN95B 4K QLED TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel