out of sync after import of vro file

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by den911, Jan 9, 2005.

1. den911

den911

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi, i recorded a movie on to my dvd - ram disc via e65 , i then put the disc in my drive and copied it . i then had a dvd_rtav folder on my hard drive when i explored the folder i had 3 files . 1 vro file , 2 ifo file , 3 bup file . i imported the vro movie file in to my dvd authoring software wich it did when i preview the movie the sound is out of sync i have never dealt with these sort of files before could someone please tell me what i am doing wrong .

2. johnjackthom

johnjackthom

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +283
    When you say you previewed the movie, did you re-author and end up with a VIDEO_TS folder which is then playable using DVD player software?
    This would give a reasonable indication of how the final DVD will look when burned to DVD-R.

3. den911

den911

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i use adobe encore wich once imported and put on to a menu it allows me to preview before i build my dvd this is when it is out of sync ,.

4. johnjackthom

johnjackthom

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +283
    I've no experience of Encore but unless preview has worked perfectly with previous projects I wouldn't assume at this stage that there's definitely a sync problem. It may just be some software processing delay.

5. den911

den911

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thanks for your input , but could you tell me what purpose the other two file serve in relation to the vro movie file , do i not need to import the ifo and bup files . i was going to use tmpgenc dvd author(trial) but it tels me i cannot output sound as digital i need a plugin , thanks

6. Rasczak

Rasczak
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,578
    If Adobe Encore is VR compatible - which I'm not sure if it is - you only need to import the .VRO file and the other two should be read automatically. As johnjackthom quite rightly says you should try and output the whole project to a VIDEO_TS folder and playback with WinDVD or similar to see if there really is a lip sync problem - it's not uncommon for DVD authoring tools to have weak DVD players incorporated into them which may well be causing the lip sync issue.

7. den911

den911

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thanks for reply , encore lets me import , but i have just found that if i let tmpgenc import and convert to the hard drive i have then imported the complete file back to encore and guess what perfect . will have to purchase dvd author 1.6 once again thanks for trying to help .

8. Rasczak

Rasczak
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,578
    Just be aware you do not need to purchase the Dolby Digital Plugin if you don't want. The E65 records in Dolby Digital and there is no need for re-encoding which requires suitable software (i.e. the plugin). The only downside of not having it is you will be unable to here sound during the authoring process - and that shouldn't be a big deal as you have already editted on DVD-RAM so hearing sound is unnecessary. The sound will be there complete and in sync once you author your project.

9. den911

den911

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i would be totaly lost without the input of this forum . cheers