1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Out Of Stock

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by Clown, May 19, 2005.

1. Clown

Clown

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +71
    Are there any good 'budget' tvs out there that are actually in stock? No Hitachi, no Toshiba, no Relysis. What's going on? Can someone recommend me something similar to these. I'm getting so impatient, I might even spend extra for a better LCD. I need a TV soonish as my old television is kaput.

2. JaneFletcher

JaneFletcher

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi there, I mentioned this in another thread, but there is an East Anglian electronics shop chain called 'Bennetts' who had plenty of stock of Hitachi's 7200's. I even managed to get them down in price to match internet prices (unheard of !!). There are about 10 outlets in East Anglia. I even managed to strike a deal which basically meant I could return the set if I wasnt happy with the SKY+ picture quality (as they only had a crap RF feed) so this was a no brainer for me. The Hitachi is a cracking set too (the motorised stand just tops it off...)

3. jbm

jbm
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    What about a comparison of the 7200 to other sets like I suggested in here:
    http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=212469

How does the PQ compare Jane? There should be a difference, but how big is that? I mean the Hitachi is a new IPS panel, but still is considerably cheaper than the Philips or Sharp....

Jorge

4. WSB

WSB

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    I got my Relisys from techfever- just had a quick look and they are in stock-

http://www.techfever.co.uk/products.asp?recnumber=1944

they have a couple left. They are very customer friendly- answered my email within an hour - i then placed the order- set delivered less than 24 hours later- they even emailed me a few days later to make sure it was all ok.

If you check he Relisys thread someone bought from novatech-

http://www.novatech.co.uk/novatech/specpage.html?RLT-3200

they now have stock (were out of stock for ages) and its 30 squid cheaper than techfever although the customer service that techfever gave me was by far the best of any online retailer i've encountered thus far and i was suitably impressed.

Failing that- ebuyer- the forums have some good and some bad reviews about that but do a search and you can find out for yourself.

5. Clown

Clown

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +71
    I've found places with the Hitachi in stock. Is it worth paying the £250 quid extra for 5 years guarantee? Surely if something goes wrong, I would be able to spot it before a year?

I need a quick answer on this please, I need a television and I want it to get shipped out on Monday.

Please :)