Exposure Bias -1
White Balance
Metering Mode matrix (5)
JPEG Quality
Exposure Program aperture priority (3)
Focus Distance

Liquid101

Distinguished Member
Great stuff Gordon - we're seeing some nice entries now.

Love the way you held on to just a little bit of detail in the shoes, but left the other elements turn to black.

I'd have been tempted to go for a more simple composition though - or maybe just lose the slightly blurred detail on the far left.

Really nice though :smashin:

Tobers

Good clouds, intriguing and very out of place subject. The silhouetting is well done and the lines do attract the eye to the shoes as well.

I wonder how many times someone had to throw those up there before they got caught.

Gordon @ Convergent AV

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
Funny you should say that Macker. When I was in Dublin the conkers were huge and about to fall in the trees in the parks I walked through but the tree round corner from me here doesn't show any sign of fruit at all. I guess they have a substantially different climate and periods of daylight that much further north and west.

Gordon

DE-DE

great pic, I wonder if its the same people who done the same thing with that poor rabbit & the pub tables in the lake now they have gone across the water & lost their shoes :D

Gadget Daddy

great pic and love the silhouette effect although I find the straight line in the bottom left spoils it would of been tempted to clone brush more tree foliage over it IMO:)

Pete

V

vulkan75

yes very nice gordon..I love the use of shadow in this shot..I might be wrong but dont Gangs mark their turf with shoes thrown up around wires...In which case you might have been out of place:eek:

Gizmo 76

Super shot Gordon, and it has a great atmosphere to it :thumbsup:

Would of been tempted to crop out the slight distraction of the left and a bit of the bottom to keep the ratio, but still one of my favs!

wobblebottom

I like the Atmosphere to this shot too and the composition is good, and the converstion works well

Well spotted Gordon:thumbsup:

Luffy

yes very nice gordon..I love the use of shadow in this shot..I might be wrong but dont Gangs mark their turf with shoes thrown up around wires...In which case you might have been out of place:eek:

I just heard recently that trainers over telephone lines are used to mark the house of a drug dealer much the same sort of idea. Either way may be an idea to think twice about being there.

Gordon @ Convergent AV

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
I've seen shoes thrown over lines like that all over the country. Funnily enough, the area where this was taken in Belfast had it's share of houses with the Union flags and red hand of Ulsters outside...and the house directly beside the swinging shoes was a derelict rundown building (perhaps the crack house in question)....but I saw something that cheered me up. Two small boys, one wearing a Rangers top and one wearing a celtic top walking down the road to the co-op, obviously friends. There is hope!

Gordon

SweetGirl

Fantanstic entry Gordon....

Love the B&W look.

I remember doing this as a kid :)grin:).

Got through lots of shoes.

ddodia

Nice shot. Love the way you have effectively captured the chiaroscuro effect in this ... was it intentional? :thumbsup:

cruncher75

I like this one reminds me of the year my actionman with Parachute got stuck on the phone line:(

The latest video from AVForums

LG G1 OLED Evo TV and SVS SB-1000 Pro subwoofer reviews, Samsung OLED rumours and more...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom