Out of place in Wales

Liquid101

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
170ft windmills in the some of the most beautiful scenery in the UK.

Certainly out of place.

1251950624_7b72693351_o.jpg

D50
200mm
F8
1/400 second
ISO200

Love the way the cloud shadows cast on the hills.super composition and a great feel.

I reckon this will become a far more common sight as we go all enviro-friendly

nice:thumbsup:

Lovely sky mate :thumbsup:

The windmills seem very small in the overall picture, but then I don't really see how you could have possibly captured them any other way as to also show the context .............

The windmills seem very small in the overall picture, but then I don't really see how you could have possibly captured them any other way as to also show the context .............

I actually shot this from another large windfarm. I shot a load at 12mm but felt that it didn't give a feel for the environment - When I saw this on an mountain in the distance I pulled out the 200mm and fired away. Although they maybe small in this picture, you can't miss them. I waited for the sun to hit as many as possible to amplify the effect.

It's very difficult to accurately record the scale of these things - needless to say, when you're stood next to them, they're :eek:

I quite like these wind farms personally. They have a certain elegance to them. Are they in the right place or not is a good question. It would probably be better to have a few more nukes on current sites rather than putting the wind farms on these hills though.

Particularly good sky you've captured there, and nice lighting on the hills as well. Good shot.

Idle curiosity really but did a bit of clone stamp (or similar) come into play here?

No, they really are that randomly spread across the hills. Only about half of them were actually spining at the time, which I suppose would account for the different directions they facing. The sun was poking through holes in the cloud lighting up just a few of them at a time.

I'll send you the RAW file if you want :smashin:

No, they really are that randomly spread across the hills. Only about half of them were actually spining at the time, which I suppose would account for the different directions they facing. The sun was poking through holes in the cloud lighting up just a few of them at a time.

I'll send you the RAW file if you want :smashin:

It wasn't an accusation! Actually I'd have been pretty impressed if you'd said 'yes' because I looked for signs & couldn't find them.
I also recall a sheep & windmills pic you posted here some while back with a comment about a few of the sheep being called Dolly (which I took to mean 'cloned') so I thought you may have considered it.

Personally I'd have been tempted - if I thought I could do it convincingly :rolleyes:.

Nicely composed Liquid..I like the moodyness of the sky and the colours are excellent.. just looks a storm brewing..

Great Shot Scott :clap:

Does clouds look SO 'out of place'

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom