Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Out of control.....help!!

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs Forum' started by Deep-6, Dec 10, 2004.

Tags:
  1. Deep-6

Deep-6

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Hi all!

I'm only posting in this particular message in this forum as I have a Tosh 32WL48 lcd screen, and everyone posting here seems to be very friendly! :)

I work in I.T, and like most of my I.T colleagues and friends have a bit of a lust for gadgets and technology. Back in college and uni, it was no problem controlling this lust as I had no money. I was just content to browse through PC Pro and dream about upgrading my intel 486sx 25 to a 486dx 75..(couldn't afford a Pentium at the time!)

I thought I lost the lust by the end of Uni and started working, but once the money started coming in, the lust began. 5 years out of uni, and its worse than ever, just this month has seen the new LCD tv, a new dvd, a new car stereo, an alphason lcd tv stand, decent cables to connect everything together, and tonight, i found myself in Oxford St and picked up a Zen Micro! I now "need" to do something about the sound and would like either an all in one home theatre kit (without dvd player) or may build a separates system.

Sometimes I just become delirious thinking of the things i could buy next. I am married but the wife is abroad at the moment so you could say i have gone a little loopy with the plastic!

How do you control the lust??

2. ginger

ginger

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I can completely sympathise as I'm in a similar position. It was all started by buying a new house a couple of months ago - it cost so much more than I thought, that I've completely lost my sense of prespective and can't stop spending (that credit card bill looks awful daunting). I do have my limits though - when buying my new Italian leather sofas to watch my new LCD from, I was able to stop short of getting the powered recliner option and stuck with the manual one. The £500 I saved will help towards the DVD recorder home cinema kit with HDMI output... doh! There I go again! :)

3. ianh64

ianh64

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +63
    You walk out of your job and sign on :suicide: £56.65 a week certainly controls the lust. You can look, but you can't touch!