Out of contract, stay with T-mobile or jump ship?

zAndy1

Outstanding Member
Reaction score
My T-Mobile contract is up on the 19th May, I rang them for my PAC code and they said I could switch to Sim only and they had some new offers as of the 1st May, £11 for 500 mins, unlimited texts and 1GB internet was the one that grabbed my attention. I was considering going to Giffgaff or Three but the £11 T-Mobile deal seems competitive with those on the face of it so rather than go to the hassle of changing providers I wondered if I'd be better off staying put on that £11 deal, any thoughts? Any pros and cons for switching to e.g. Giffgaff or Three instead?

Ta

My main thought is coverage. Where we are there is only one network that does the business. Your location may be different, but it is the first factor to consider IMHO

I had the same conversation with them T-Mob on friday, looking to do the same things as yourself...and compared to GiffGaff and Three the £11 deal doesn't look too shabby, and 1gb data is pretty handy.

Still tempted to by Three's plan to upgrade it's customers to 4g foc whenever it happens...so umming and aahhing at the moment...decisions decisions..

I just don't like the idea of being tied into anything for 12 months even if it is a half decent deal, I'd rather be on a monthly commitment really so giffgaff would suit me in that respect.

I've decided to give this a go:-

OVIVO Mobile free monthly allowance increased again up to 150mins/200txts/500MB data for one off payment of £15.00 - Hot UK Deals

Nothing to lose as far as I can tell, no monthly cost as long as you stay within the (admittedly low) allowances but for some people I'm sure they are sufficient, myself I hardly make any calls and don't send many texts and from what T-Mobile told me when I rang up for my PAC and they tried to sell me the £11 a month SIM I have only been using around 300MB a month data so 500MB should be enough. If I exceed the free allowance then texts are only 5p so would have to send 200 before it was costing me what the giffgaff goodybag would have cost. Gonna give it a go and if it doesn't work out the worse that can happen is I've lost £15 and if that lasts me a couple of months then I've won anyway :)

Be interested to hear how you get on in due course. Certainly looks attractive, although Voda not the best carrier where we live

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom