Out for a walk to Danbury

Fozzybear

A few from a long (10+ miles) circular walk I took yesterday out to the east of Chelmsford. I walked around Chelmer Village, Little Baddow, Danbury, Sandon and Great Baddow. Only took some selective shots, was more interested in the walk than photography.

Sandford Lock, just south of Chelmer Village:

Just east of Sandford Lock:

Grace's Farm, Little Baddow:

Old letter box in Danbury:

allymac123

3's my favourite. The others all suffer a bit because of the harsh lighting.

Fozzybear

The light was very difficult, far from ideal but it was an interesting test for the D80 (and me!).

10 miles is the furthest I've walked in one go, but I do walk a lot and have been building up to this for ages - I've always walked a fair bit but after a long period of illness I had a few years of little exercise and too much food so got very fat (and I was rather fat before!). Since my Exmoor trip in June I've been walking about 3-4 miles a day (to and from work) and have been going out on 4-8 mile walks at the weekends. In the last month I've started occasionally doing a couple of miles to work followed after work by a 4-5 mile walk exploring the local villages, which is a good de-stresser.

Managed to lose just under 2 stone since the end of June by ensuring that I don't nibble, eat regular portions of nice but decent food and getting plenty of walking in - much better and more enjoyable than jogging or going to the gym. No faddy diets for me - I've seen too many friends do them and then gain weight on the rebound, I want a lifestyle shift rather than boom and bust diets. :smashin:

Paranormalist

Distinguished Member
10 miles is the furthest I've walked in one go, but I do walk a lot and have been building up to this for ages - I've always walked a fair bit but after a long period of illness I had a few years of little exercise and too much food so got very fat (and I was rather fat before!). Since my Exmoor trip in June I've been walking about 3-4 miles a day (to and from work) and have been going out on 4-8 mile walks at the weekends. In the last month I've started occasionally doing a couple of miles to work followed after work by a 4-5 mile walk exploring the local villages, which is a good de-stresser.

Managed to lose just under 2 stone since the end of June by ensuring that I don't nibble, eat regular portions of nice but decent food and getting plenty of walking in - much better and more enjoyable than jogging or going to the gym. No faddy diets for me - I've seen too many friends do them and then gain weight on the rebound, I want a lifestyle shift rather than boom and bust diets. :smashin:

It's something that I've been meaning to do is pack the camera and go for a long walk and take pictures along the way of whatever I see that i think is interesting. But usually I end up taking the car and going to a predetermined location :D But sometimes I spot some things to photograph along the way and park the car up if there's anywhere nearby.

BTW, well done on the weight loss.

Fozzybear

I would recommend walking in your local area, in just a short while I've explored so many places that I never really thought about and seen some great places. It's easy to get into the habit of always heading miles away from home when you want to get out for a walk or to take photographs but when you start really looking at maps and exploring it's surprising what you find. I've started looking casually at the local history too, just getting a feel for the place and how it's changed over the years.

Here's a few more shots from yesterday:

Looking west back towards Sandford lock and the keeper's cottage

Boats tied up at the lock

Another shot of Grace's Walk, this time looking east towards Grace's Farm

(med image was over 200k so had to post small one :()

Fozzybear

Really! Small world isn't it. :)

I used to buy lots of kit from there, mostly second-hand stuff. I liked the friendly staff and atmosphere but it seems that has been eroded as when I've been there more recently it wasn't the same at all.

ryart

Many thanks for posting your lovely pictures. Used to cycle around the area about 20 years ago and they brought back some good memories. What's great about your shots is that they are quietly understated - rather like the area - but still very interesting to look at, not always easy to do.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Samsung HW-Q800A Soundbar & Rotel Michi X3 Reviews + TV show and Movie News & Reviews
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom