Our TV just broke... help me choose a new Sony :)

Discussion in 'Sony TVs Forum' started by jeweladdict, Apr 29, 2007.

1. jeweladdict

jeweladdict

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    So our 4 year old costco quasar? rear projection tv just burnt out. It left an awful smell all throughout the house... That tv was a nightmare. A year ago, the screen got really blurry and the blue beam got out of focus leaving a shadow on everything, and now this. Luckily we've managed to save up a bit and can now get a new tv!

I definitely want a Sony... 40" or 46" with 1080p.

I can get the following:
    46v2500 for $2200
    40xbr for $2800
    46xbr for $3300

Looking at numbers, it's a no brainer. Get the 46" for 2200 right? But my question is whether or not the XBR is really worth the $600 increase and 6" decrease. I plan on using this tv with my digital cable subscription and with my xbox360. Don't plan on getting HD-DVD or bluray anytime soon...

thanks for your help!
    :hiya:

2. jeweladdict

jeweladdict

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    bump...
    anyone at all>?

3. pg325

pg325

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Personally I would not buy a Sony LCD, there are just too many horror stories with clouding.

Do a search on this forum with the words SONY & CLOUDING, there are thousands of postings.

Actually most TV's have a problem of some description, this is why these forums are so good, they tell you the true story.

4. d34dc41m

d34dc41m

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +33
    why not check out the new range of samsung lcd's and save a fortune,I was checking out the samsung LE46M86BD today in currys and I was quite impressed with the picture quality with blueray dvd especially the blacklevels.can't comment on sd picture quality or sky HD as ive still to see one running it nor have i seen it running xbox360 or ps3.

5. iluvmelmac

iluvmelmac

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +74
    also check out this site bought my sammy 37inch from here for 736 pounds being delivered to me tomos cant wait to plug my 360 in try www.homecinematv.co.uk

6. bigtim

bigtim

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +60
    This is a UK forum, we have different model TV's to those available in the US, you'd be best posting on a US forum to get the answers you want.

7. djmetsandy

djmetsandy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +35
    I was wondering about those $ symbols...Your prices will be cheaper than ours anyway! The UK is expensive! plus your technology will be ahead too..:mad: