Our small modest setup

Tom500

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Thought I would upload our modest setup, this unit is the Besta Boas unit which is a new item in ikea. Its fantastic for our small flat, great for hiding the mess of cables and getting it all in one place! Also has a small shelf on the back wich I can hide my external HDD and router!

Setup consists of
Best Boas Unit
PS3
32" Samsung
Nintendo Wii
Topfield 5800
Dell SX280
Old Pioneer Micro System powering old aiwa mahooosive speakers which sounds great!

And loads of clutter which seems to have acumilated over a period of about 2 weeks!

BestaBoas.jpg

Very nice. I'm liking these new Ikea cabinets that you call mount the TV's on - some walls just aren't suitable and they're an ideal solution.

I have the Topfield 5800 too - they're awesome! Got the latest MyStuff version it?

Thanks Hornz yeah its a great idea, we did used to have the TV on the wall was suspended over a hideous old gas fire/ backboiler! Which had replaced in the summer. We decided not to go for the on the wall setup again as we are leaseholders were not really supposed to chase stuff into the wall plus it means we have much more flexibility with the room!

Great unit though. and for £110 its a compleate bargain! :thumbsup:

I have had the topfield now for about 4 years its the 160gb version and Im so chuffed with all the taps on it in fact I cant even remember what they are. I have the SKY plus grid view one and all loads of others I think I have mystuff?

Shame topfield are unlikely to release a Freesat model!

Last edited:
nice set up :)

Thanks I need to convince the missus that bookshelf speakers would be miles better, trouble is she is very attached to them (dont ask!)

Can anyone tell me if I got two bookshelf speakers say £100 for a pair that they would be better than the aiwa's.

The stereo has 30wpc and does have some bookshelfs but they are a bit gawdy more so than the aiwas and they dont really pack allot of punch.

Cheers

I like that, I have a 32" Panny, and that unit doesn't make the tv look small. Do they do any units that aren't enclosed though?

Are you renting? This might sort out my problem of not being able to wall mount my tv.

Thanks Tom, yeah I dont think that would be ideal, those look like drawers, i'd have to house the rest of my units somewhere else.

The hunt continues..

They have some small shelves behind the glass bits on the drawer doors.

Great use of space matey.

Well done and thanks for sharing it with us:smashin:

Dave

Thought I would post a pic of what it used to look like ewwwwwww

237452-albums156-picture653.jpg

hi
im looking at getting a stand similar to yours and was wondering how have you mounted the tv to the unit and does it feel secure?

Very subtle dude, just how I like it. :)

hi
im looking at getting a stand similar to yours and was wondering how have you mounted the tv to the unit and does it feel secure?

I just used a standard wallmount that I had orignally, the unit comes with 4 bolts which are perfectly fine

Just an update.

Brought the Onkyo LSV501 system from Richersounds. Looks a heck of alot neater, also sounds awsome!

237452-albums156-picture710.jpg

Just an update.

Brought the Onkyo LSV501 system from Richersounds. Looks a heck of alot neater, also sounds awsome!

Those speakers looks great and what a perfect fit!:smashin: Any plans for 5.1 surround?

Last edited:
Those speakers looks great and what a perfect fit!:smashin: Any plans for 5.1 surround?

Thanks, at the moment I do not want 5.1 nor do I have the space. Maybe when I have my big house in the Country! :rotfl:

hi tom500 like you set up!!

i have been looking at this cabinet as looking at getting a 32" Samsung.

Just wondering if you could tell how the tv fits to unit its self and whether you have to attach the unit to the wall?!

im worried about the cabinet back not being strong enough to hold the tv for a long period of time.
stupid i know!!

well any advice help you can offer would be great.

hi tom500 like you set up!!

i have been looking at this cabinet as looking at getting a 32" Samsung.

Just wondering if you could tell how the tv fits to unit its self and whether you have to attach the unit to the wall?!

im worried about the cabinet back not being strong enough to hold the tv for a long period of time.
stupid i know!!

well any advice help you can offer would be great.

You can attach the unit to the wall but I have not really needed too. The back of the cabinet is just cheap old chip board with the wood effect over the top its plenty strong enough!

Looks loads better. You still got that old fireplace? :)

doesnt it just!

no the fireplace is gone and good riddens to it! The TV and cabinet now sit where the fireplace used to be! :thumbsup:

Does anyone have any idea if this besta boas unit could hold a 40kg 42" TV (Hitachi pd9700).

Thanks, Konsoul

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom