Our planet Earth will come to an end even if every disaster such as climate change, being hit by another planet or asteroid etc!

Our sun will expand though, won't it? Devouring each planet as it gets bigger?
This is true. It will enter the “red giant” cycle of its life where current predictions are it will swell beyond Mercury and Venus and may reach the Earth. We will be well fried before it passes Mercury. The outer planets will be safe, but life will probably have to find solace on one of the many moons that orbit the gas giants...

I have to suggest there is probably vastly more chance of a honking chunk of rock coming along and hitting earth and REALLY screwing things up, way before we need to worry about the Sun expanding.

That's if we don't create some AI that kills us first way before that, which is actually probably far more likely to happen as us humans won't stop trying to make such a think until we can make such a thing.
We have no valid reason to stop, so we will, be it in 100 or 1000 years. we'll get there.

Our universe will collapse at some point and then it will all start again.
The Big Crunch theory has been pretty much put to bed especially as we have since discovered that the expansion of space is accelerating rather than slowing and succumbing to gravitational forces. The most likely scenario is The Heat Death of The Universe, space will continue to expand and cool indefinitely until all matter decays and time eventually stops.

I have to suggest there is probably vastly more chance of a honking chunk of rock coming along and hitting earth and REALLY screwing things up, way before we need to worry about the Sun expanding.

That's if we don't create some AI that kills us first way before that, which is actually probably far more likely to happen as us humans won't stop trying to make such a think until we can make such a thing.
We have no valid reason to stop, so we will, be it in 100 or 1000 years. we'll get there.
If my name was John Connor I would be very, very worried.

Whatever happened to the people going round wearing sandwich boards which said 'the end of the world is nigh' ?

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom