Our new Website........

screemer

Only just realised there is a photo section on here after all this time. We have just started our new website up, maybe some of you would like to check it out, see what u think....

http://www.finelinephotography.co.uk/

allymac123

Novice Member
I like the design - nice and simple.

I don't like the "hosted by clickpix" over all the images though it. If someone wants to steal a 500 pixels picture then let them I say. They're not going to be able to do much with it. The watermark just makes the it look cheap imo and its harder to see the picture properly.

D

digigal

It's lovely! I didn't see the "hosted by..." on the gallery photos. I agree that I'd take them off (or lighten them if you're concerned about people stealing them). Nice site!!:thumbsup:

screemer

Good valid points, thanks. I will look at reducing the opacity of them a bit.

screemer

Any suggestions on improvements or the quality of the pictures?

I

imcarm

I had a look at the clikpic site and gave the 7 day trial a quick go. I was really impressed with how easy everything is to set up, although I soon realised my first impressions would not last.

*The maximum image width should be set to between 400 and 600 pixels. Some styles have a maximum of 400. NB the maximum file size of images is 160kb.*

The maximum width I feel should really be 800px or more, especially if your trying to showcase an image for profit. 400 - 600 pixels is just too much of a limitation (even the free flikr, fotolia and photobucket sites allow images of 800px or more)

While I do think it's a nice simple way to display ones work with a professional look, the image size restrictions do annoy me as does the lack of any bulk and/or FTP upload. Unless you want to spend £80.00 (this gives you a bulk upload of 5 images) or £180 (this gives you bulk and ftp uploads)

Sorry to go a bit off topic screemer. Your site looks very good with some very impressive images :thumbsup: but you cannot improve the quality of your images with the above mentioned file size restrictions.. If I was paying for this service then I would expect to be able to offer a choice of resolutions, right up to the maximum size my camera can manage (3456x2304), I would want potential customers too see my images at the maximum resolution, for the best overall impact.

Not a rant, I'm just a little dissapointed with what could of been.

h4rri

Novice Member
If I was paying for this service then I would expect to be able to offer a choice of resolutions, right up to the maximum size my camera can manage (3456x2304), I would want potential customers too see my images at the maximum resolution, for the best overall impact.
*cough* www.smugmug.com ;)

OP: Agreed nice looking site and beautiful images. Good luck with your sales :)

Brammers

Banned
Your website is great. Simple to use, classy and uncluttered.
Loads fast too.

A few minor points - the guestbook is a bit lame - telling people to use 'contact us' Get it finished asap, and make sure it looks full. An empty guestbook is never a good sign!

I'm also not sure about the order of the links - you've got Home, then Galleries (a product), then News, Links, Contact (interaction), then Prices (product), Guestbook (interaction) and slideshows (product). Doesn't seem too logical to me!

I can't find fault with your flower shots, really nicely done. Your landscapes are good, but many of them don't blow me away. Southport Sunset is a bit generic, there's no focal point. Oil rig is the same, and doesn't seem to be cropped that well. Southport bridge has large areas of blown highlights - the lights on the right are just a mass of white. They're good shots, but not truly great.

These are balanced by many really, really good shots - I love Gas Towers, Misty Morning and Crackington Heath. I guess as you take more pictures you'll be able to move up from the overall good standard to an overall excellent standard :)

The latest video from AVForums

Panasonic HZ2000 OLED TV Review: The best OLED for movie viewing in 2020
Top Bottom