1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Tosh RDXS32 issues

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by robcat, Sep 22, 2004.

1. robcat

robcat

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've decided to go for the RDXS32 but just have a couple of other issues to decide on.

I have read on other threads that the unit can be combined with the Phatom PVR attachment. Does this effectively give you Sky+ "lite" i.e. you can set via a normal Sky box through the menu and it sets the sky channel and HD recording at the same time without having to set the Tosh unit itself. (I realise you can't watch one sky channel and record another but that I can live without).

Is the Phantom PVR really as clever as it sound?

Also if I buy a R2 unit is is possible (expensive?) to convert it to multi-region or is it better to get multi from the start?

Thanks for any info.

2. Taz69

Taz69

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +54
    Hi m8, I use a XS32 to record from sky, I find it easier to set the tosh to change the channels that way I dont have any blue boxes left onscreen for minutes at a time, I got mine from Jonh Lewis they pricematched Sound and Vision in Bolton at £394.51 instead of £549.99 and I got their 2 year warranty aswell,

Hope this helps

Taz