• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Other then eBay...

as the title says, what other options are there other then eBay and for example "here" to sell stuff, specifically home cinema stuff etc. I thought about the usual gumtree and local but always thought that to be a waste of time due to what im wanting to sell.

PJTX100

Distinguished Member
Have you had first hand issues with ebay or are you just listening to the usual stuff that ebay has gone down the pan and should be avoided based on the 0.0000001% bad experiences on ebay?

Solomon Grundy

Distinguished Member
What's the issue with Ebay? We sell hundreds of items a month using Buy It Now, immediate payment by Paypal only and have very few issues. Their charges are high because they are the best at what they do and you have access to more buyers than you could possibly hope for.

Ooo no, nothing like that, have not had any issues with eBay in the whole 4 years ive been registered and racked up my 100% !!!

Just thought, some times eBay is not always good for certain things and there may be "better places" to sell them

PJTX100

Distinguished Member
If it ain't broke don't fix it.

True, but what happens if you want a quick sale without offering it for peanuts ? i guess its all about patience

Solomon Grundy

Distinguished Member
That would apply to the 1,500 items I currently have up for sale on ebay...the person who comes up with that idea and makes it work will be a very rich bunny!

IronGiant

as the title says, what other options are there other then eBay and for example "here" to sell stuff, specifically home cinema stuff etc. I thought about the usual gumtree and local but always thought that to be a waste of time due to what im wanting to sell.

Without wanting to seem thick, what about the Home Cinema Classifieds here?

Any clues about what these things are? You are talking to some pretty experienced people here :)

Decadence - what do you sell if you don't mind me asking? Don't mind if you do :)

They are just a set of Monitor Audio Radius HD speakers, well more then one. Selling as i need the cash, bit gutted really, but they can be replaced in time. :smashin:

Okay - well I'm not sure why you don't think here is a good place for them - they look ideal for the speaker section here. Just set your price and see if anyone is interested - you're not comitting to selling them for any old price - give it a go for a week and take it from there I would say.

I did attempt to, gave it a few days and lowered accordingly as i do need a quick sale but no interest, could be my trader rating and fact im new but its a cash on collection sale really so dont see why it would be that. Just the time of year i guess, ppl go on holiday and dont possibly have that kind of money to spend.

The latest video from AVForums

CES 2023 Round Up: New TV Lineups for 2023 from LG, Samsung, Panasonic, Hisense & TCL
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom