1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

other than ebay, can I get tickets to a sold out gig?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Lennyz, Aug 3, 2005.

1. Lennyz

Lennyz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    I would love to go and see Alison Krauss at either Manchester or Gateshead but they are sold out and I only found out about the tour tonight....damn!

Is there any chance you can buy cancelled tickets or something from the venue or is ebay the only way to get em?

I don't want to risk going to manchester on the night and trying to buy a ticket off a tout outside the venue. :mad: too much of a gamble and potential waste of time.

Anyone out there got tickets for this gig at either venue????....I know it is a long shot.

Lennyz

2. Astaroth

Astaroth

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +114
    Venues normally sell tickets to vendors who then sell them on to the general public. If you call/surf arround you may find a vendor that still has tickets - when I lived in Dundee there was a second hand CD store that also sold gig tickets for all over Scotland and managed to get tickets a number of times for events in Glasgow when everyone else were saying they had sold out. I recently had problems getting tickets to the theartre as a b'day pres for my mother but I spoke to my employer's Chairman;s PA who managed to locate some - they are there its just knowing where to get the from.

3. stealther

stealther

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +93
    Have you tried:

http://www.ticketmaster.co.uk/

I scoured the internet recently for REM tickets ended up purchasing from here two days before the gig.

The irony of it all was on the night I walked thru the gate completely unchallenged so could have saved the £35 and still gone :rolleyes:

4. Dr Diversity

Dr Diversity

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You could phone up and see if they have any cancellations for sale

5. mjn

mjn
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5,179
    Ticket touts on the night of the concert?

6. Lennyz

Lennyz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    Thanks all,

I have been phoning the venues and other ticket outlets for the two gigs I could make and the only option to me now is to keep trying to get a cancellation from the venue. I am told that this will sometimes happen but tickets are simply done on a first come/first served basis...fair enough I s'pose.

It seems that ebay is proving very lucrative to people with "spare" tickets or willing to sell thier own. I have heard of tickets being declared void if they have been traded on ebay a number of times leading up to gigs. Apparently it happened on the Peter Kay gigs?

I guess I will just have to keep my eyes open and see if I can pick up a pair of tickets for Alison K.

What are the chances of getting a ticket outside the venue on the night of the concert? Is it very likely that they will be on sale from touts or is it too risky a way to get em?