1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other ET S-VHS machines besides JVC ?

Discussion in 'Digital TV & Video Players & Recorders' started by torimusic, May 31, 2001.

Tags:
  1. torimusic

torimusic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Can anyone tell me if there are other manufacturers other than JVC that have brought out S-VHS machines with the ET technology? Has anyone used this feature and is it any good ?

2. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I live in Switzerland and just bought a Pansonic NV-HS860 with S-VHS. Two weeks ago the price was the equivalant of £360, but last week it was down to £280 which is why I bought this model and not the NV-HS760, which was on sale for about £200. If this is happening here I am sure there will be similar discounts in the UK. So shop about.
    As for S-VHS it's a great improvement.

3. samhassall

samhassall

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Panasonic also have SVHS-ET, but they are more expensive when you check out actual retailers prices (as opposed to manufacturers prices), when compared to equivalent JVC models.

SVHS-ET works very well with high grade VHS tapes, and shows a marked improvement over standard VHS. The quality is another step up if you go for real SVHS tapes.

Remember that you cant play an SVHS-ET or SVHS recording in a standard VHS player though. Unless it is quasi SVHS, which means you can playback SVHS tapes, but not record in SVHS.

In other words, an SVHS player, with SVHS-ET is worth the money as most SVHS players now have it as standard.

Hope this helps.

4. StephenR

StephenR
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The Panasonic NV-HS860 is available from Empire Direct for £285.53. The question is whether it is better than the JVC HRS-8700, which is available for £258.26?

5. Nic Rhodes

Nic Rhodes

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,277
    Sharp do an interesting machine at £250. I went for the JVC but just because the price was right. I think I could be happy with either.