• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Other Disney Classic's

sonysean

Ok so its clear now that films such as "The Lion King", "Beauty & The Beast", "Fantasia" and "Snow White" are already making their way to Blu within the next few years according to this article:
Blu-ray.com - Beauty and the Beast and Fantasia Blu-rays in 2010

However i am still yet to find any info on "The Lion King 2"??
I cant even find anyone thats asked anything about it for Blu-ray.. does anyone know or think its likely Disney will release it the same time as The Lion King 1?

Same goes for other classics such as "Oliver & Company", "Alice in Wonderland" and "Pocahontas".

Does anyone know if theirs any rumour release dates of the 3 above and also any info on The Lion King 2?

featherhall

Distinguished Member
I would imagine it will be part of their 2011 release schedule. The Lion King along with Aladdin are the huge hitters and although not confirmed I would be very surprised if they were to drag out past next year. Sales for those 2 titles would be huge.

ARNOLD AKIEN

You could always try asking Disney. Their UK site is always interesting ...

Disney.co.uk | The Official Home Page For All Things Disney

Or then there's the ultimatedisney site ....

UltimateDisney.com: The Ultimate Guide to Disney DVD and DVDizzy.com: Beyond

Disney have their own notion of the desirability of releasing a given film at a give time and they long ago decided that their best business model would be to maintain the desirability of their product by severely limiting its re-release into the Home Cinema marketplace.

Ah the Joys of Business Politics. :devil:

D

Deleted member 293381

Never bought Disney cartoon films because they are so expensive. The cost of a Disney DVD is bad enough let alone a blu-ray!

mikegambit

Banned
£17.99 for a 2 disc Bluray and a dvd in the same package seems a better deal than others offer

sonysean

Thanks guys :)

Is their yet a release date for Finding Nemo, have been waiting for this one for a while now :(?

Also any news on when we might be getting The Incredibles and the new Up?
I know Up isnt even in our cinemas over here yet but didnt know if theirs pheraps an estimated release date for the Blu-ray.. pheraps Jan/Feb next year?

Couldnt find much info about their release dates on the main Disney site or UltimateDisney.com

New Start Neil

Distinguished Member
Thanks guys :)

Is their yet a release date for Finding Nemo, have been waiting for this one for a while now :(?

Also any news on when we might be getting The Incredibles and the new Up?
I know Up isnt even in our cinemas over here yet but didnt know if theirs pheraps an estimated release date for the Blu-ray.. pheraps Jan/Feb next year?

Couldnt find much info about their release dates on the main Disney site or UltimateDisney.com

http://www.avforums.com/forums/blu-...ng-nemo-confirmed-blu-ray.html?highlight=nemo

http://www.avforums.com/forums/blu-...66743-finding-nemo-bluray.html?highlight=nemo

I would suspect that Up will be out around Easter next year (school holiday time).

As for The Incredibles, AFAIK there's no word of any Blu release.

The latest video from AVForums

Hisense U7H TV and T+A Solitaire T headphone reviews, AV/HiFi news plus, what is screen uniformity?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom