• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

other channels on Pannasonic BS750 ?

redboy1

Hi, I am completely clueless on all this satellite stuff :confused: But i was just wondering if im missing out on other channels.
I have the BS750 recorder with a new zone 2 sky dish. On one of the menus it mentions "other satellites".
After reading a little on other threads there seems to be a lot more channels out there and i was just wondering if i can receive them on my receiver and dish.
If someone could put me in the picture in simple terms it would be great.

logiciel

Hi - you've come to the right place to ask.
The channels you get through the Sky-type dish are on the group of satellites at 28.2/28.5 degrees east.
There are hundreds of other channels that you could access with a different dish, but only with some difficulty on that receiver.
Here's a list of a few of the satellites, from which you can link to the channels they carry: Europe, Africa & Middle East - LyngSat.
On the satellites that you do receive from at 28.2/28.5, there are some free channels that do not appear on your Freesat EPG.
You may be able to get those "in non-Freesat mode" if the receiver provides that - check in the manual.
Here are the Freesat channels: Free Digital TV Channels - freesat and the Lyngsat site shows you the other free ones.

Last edited:

pedro2000uk

Distinguished Member
On the Panasonic Viera TVs- a close relation - other satellites means 13e (Hotbird) & 19.2e (Astra 1)- I'd expect that to be the same on that although you might be able to use it on other satellites.

You need another dish pointing to another satellite [or move your existing one or add an LNB or two at the side of the existing one plus add a switch or 2 to get the satellites off the same dish (not easy to do).

logiciel

The TV has channels lists for those two?
It couldn't run a DiseqC switch though?

pedro2000uk

Distinguished Member
The TV has channels lists for those two?
It couldn't run a DiseqC switch though?

not channels, they scan them in when you access the hidden menu - it could be a default tp list / nit search , doubt it's got a blind scan but it could have

no diseqc switch- you use a manual one with them or other switching method.

by the way.. there aren't hundreds of satellites you can access in the UK regardless of dish - even if you had Jodrel

Last edited:

logiciel

Thanks for the info and for the correction - I wrote "satellites" instead of "channels" - now put right.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom