OT : Scart to S-Video : Black and White Picture

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by HEADRAT, Sep 11, 2002.

1. HEADRAT

HEADRAT

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    OK I've got a problem and I know you guys will know the answer as its more of a cable problem than a hardware problem..

I've got a MSI [email protected] and I know its all OK because if I connect the TV-out from my 9700 Pro (PAL_I) to the S-Video-in on my [email protected] I get a colour desktop

But if I try and get a picture from my TIVO using a SCART to S-Video converter (BELKIN break out box with S-Video, Composite, Audio Left/Rigth) its in black and white. If I use the composite out on the same adapter I get a color picture but I can't get it to work with S-Video..

Things I know its not :-

1. Not the S-Video cable as I've tried about 3.

2. Not the S-Video in on the [email protected] as if I do a straight S-Video to S-Video I get a colour picture.

I'm sure I've seen this problem posted about before but I can't find it using search..

Thanks

HEADRAT

2. Jonny1973

Jonny1973

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

Just because the cables connect does not mean that the signals are compatible.

Does the Tivo have an S-Video out socket or can it be set in the menus to output s-video. Sorry but I'm not familar with Tivo's.

If it doesn't you will need to convert the signal from the Tivo to an S-Video signal using an RGB Scart to S-Video converter.

I got mine for £65 from John Sim. Here's the link to his company

http://www.rgbtosvideo.com/

I believe maplin and keene do an equivalent.

www.maplin.co.uk
    www.keene.co.uk

3. HEADRAT

HEADRAT

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    All sorted now, thanks guys :)

Bought an RGB to S-Video converter from Keene..

HEADRAT