1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

OT-No DVI Image: Software or Hardware?

Discussion in 'PC Gaming & Rigs' started by Bradford Blade, Jul 26, 2005.

1. Bradford Blade

Bradford Blade

Nov 10, 2003
    Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    A local non-league ground...
    Hi there to all :hiya:

I'm having a strange problem that I hope some of you might know a little about.

On Sunday evening when I shut down my system, the DVI connection to-from my graphics card/TFT Monitor [see below for make/model], was operating perfectly normally (as it had done since buying them approx a month ago). Moreover, I'm not aware of having made ANY software changes to the GPU or the Monitor settings whatsoever.

But yesterday afternoon - when I had to move the monitor for a short while - I uncabled it from the GPU, and then upon reconnecting it and booting up (first time since Sunday evening) NO DVI image!

Oddly, I CAN get an image via the card's DVI output WHEN connected through a DVI/D-Sub adaptor/convertor; and I am able to get a signal through the Analog D-Sub connection; but NOTHING when outputting a direct DVI signal to the monitor??? (I tried a different DVI cable and still the same thing)...

BTW, when it IS connected to the DVI output directly, the monitor does display the connection type as *Digital*, but goes into 'Standby' as it would when receiving NO signal.

I have tried most of the 'software' troubleshooting methods outlined in ATI's and LG's FAQ's to try to get to the bottom of this issue, but to no avail.

I am beginning to think it might be a hardware issue, but I have no idea of how to decide if it's the graphic card or the monitor. I do have other monitors in the house, but none that have a DVI connection except this one that is playing-up (so I can't test that option :( )!

Any help or guidance warmly received :lease: