1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

OT: Help please! Video files not playing correctly

Discussion in 'PC Gaming & Rigs' started by Munkey Boy, Jul 27, 2005.

1. Munkey Boy

Munkey Boy
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,313
    Recently I've had problems playing video files, mostly .wmv ones. They play, but they look very washed out (and I mean unwatchably so) - colour is distorted. This occurs no matter what player I use (I've tried Nero Showtime, Creative Mediasource, Windows Media Player, etc.). The funny thing is, Quicktime .mov files play just fine in Quicktime Player. I can't work it out?

I'm using the most up-to-date Windows Certified video driver (nVidia 77.72) - do you reckon is a driver issue? Anyone else had a similar problem and/or have a solution? TIA

2. diamond_joe

diamond_joe

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I had this problem and rolled back to version 77.50 but whilst looking for that i found this from here http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=52385&page=2&pp=15

Video Playback with with ForceWare 77.62 & 77.72 has excessive Gamma values set as default. Videos appear overbright.

Workaround:

In the Nvidia Control Panel go to color correction and select color profile: "Advanced mode" for a linear profile with correct Gamma.

3. Munkey Boy

Munkey Boy
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,313
    You sir are a star man! Job done :thumbsup: :thumbsup: I owe you one :D