OSU1, where can I download it from

mel769

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi all, im having issues with my xbox one x, its gone into the Error E102 loop. I want to perform an offline update with a USB stick. So ive formatted my stick to NTFS as advised but now cannot find where to download the OSU1 Zip file from; the official website provides no link it just tells you to download it. Am I going mad ? Can anyone help ? Thanks

Hi all, im having issues with my xbox one x, its gone into the Error E102 loop. I want to perform an offline update with a USB stick. So ive formatted my stick to NTFS as advised but now cannot find where to download the OSU1 Zip file from; the official website provides no link it just tells you to download it. Am I going mad ? Can anyone help ? Thanks
are you a xbox insider?

i have the same issue i factory reset the xbox to sell and the buyer couldnt update the console. when ive looked into it, it has something to do with not removing the console from the insider program before reseting it.

ive got the console back and cant get past the error messages.

has anyone managed a fix?

From what I can remember when I researched how to replace the failing internal hard drive of my One X Scorpio Edition, if your console is in the preview program, then you may not be able to install the OSU on it, as it's often behind the preview system version, so the console will not accept the update.

You either have to unenroll the device from the preview program via the Insider app, which will trigger the process to install the stable/public system software on it, or wait for the OSU version to exceed the preview version the device is using, which means not allowing your device to update to another preview version and waiting until Microsoft update the public OSU to beyond the preview version. I don't know how you find out what version the public OSU is though, as I can't see this information on their official offline system update support page.

The E102 error can mean a faulty hard drive, which was the case with my One X. The Xbox Support site has a page that covers error codes and the actions you can take to try and resolve them, so I would follow that. In my case, none of their fixes worked and my console needed a new hard drive, but it was out of warranty and their repair cost was much more than the factory fitted Seagate HDD they used in the One X and there was no guarantee I would get my mint condition Scorpio Edition back, or even a replacement Scorpio Edition at all. So, I replaced the drive myself and put a SSD in it.

From what I can remember when I researched how to replace the failing internal hard drive of my One X Scorpio Edition, if your console is in the preview program, then you may not be able to install the OSU on it, as it's often behind the preview system version, so the console will not accept the update.

You either have to unenroll the device from the preview program via the Insider app, which will trigger the process to install the stable/public system software on it, or wait for the OSU version to exceed the preview version the device is using, which means not allowing your device to update to another preview version and waiting until Microsoft update the public OSU to beyond the preview version. I don't know how you find out what version the public OSU is though, as I can't see this information on their official offline system update support page.

The E102 error can mean a faulty hard drive, which was the case with my One X. The Xbox Support site has a page that covers error codes and the actions you can take to try and resolve them, so I would follow that. In my case, none of their fixes worked and my console needed a new hard drive, but it was out of warranty and their repair cost was much more than the factory fitted Seagate HDD they used in the One X and there was no guarantee I would get my mint condition Scorpio Edition back, or even a replacement Scorpio Edition at all. So, I replaced the drive myself and put a SSD in it.
im certain that its not the hard drive failing as ive had no issues at all with it. ive deleted the console from the insider app in windows.

also dont want to spend money on a new hdd or ssd as i have a series x waiting for christmas.

I found be right clicking on the OSU1 text on the xbox website, that I was able to download it. So, done that, then unzipped whatever file to a memory stick as advised, followed the procedures as advised, and:- Still got error 102. After all that fannying about I just sent it back to CEX where I brougt it from 6 months ago and got a refund. Its obvious (to me at least) that all these gaming machines have a life of a few + 1 or 2 years, any more and your lucky.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom