Osmo Action Waterproofing

come2getsome

Novice Member
Reaction score
I had an old Samsung A7 which was supposedly IP67 rated. I had it for about a year and dropped it ONE TIME into a pail of water and BOOM. Goodbye phone! So my theory is that the waterproofing materials degrade over time, which worries me about the Osmo Action. I've been using it for over a year and even underwater with no problems. My question is - will it degrade? How can I prevent it? And how can I, if possible, retreat it so that it remains waterproof? The Action is a great camera but I don't want it to get broken because of something that can totally be preventable.

Hi, an Interesting issue - which I suspect is true - since everything degrades over time and if you hasten the effects ( heat/cold, sunlight, + sea-breeze, etc.).... There is no "self-check" feature....

Silicon oil appears to refresh rubber-strips in car-doors . . . BUT it has bad effects on painting ( it's OK on dry-paint - it affects new painting)- so I'm almost never using it other than by cotton-wool pad. ( It comes in an Aerosol, which creates a mist - that's the problem =wherever it settles!).
Is there an Osmo "user Website" - or try an email to the Manufacturers - Snag is, they'd like you to buy a new one.... so the price for Refurb. is likely to be high. They might offer a new-for-old Deal - but having a second as "Back-up" is probably quite useful - just don't drown it.

Cheers

Hi, an Interesting issue - which I suspect is true - since everything degrades over time and if you hasten the effects ( heat/cold, sunlight, + sea-breeze, etc.).... There is no "self-check" feature....

Silicon oil appears to refresh rubber-strips in car-doors . . . BUT it has bad effects on painting ( it's OK on dry-paint - it affects new painting)- so I'm almost never using it other than by cotton-wool pad. ( It comes in an Aerosol, which creates a mist - that's the problem =wherever it settles!).
Is there an Osmo "user Website" - or try an email to the Manufacturers - Snag is, they'd like you to buy a new one.... so the price for Refurb. is likely to be high. They might offer a new-for-old Deal - but having a second as "Back-up" is probably quite useful - just don't drown it.

Cheers
Thanks for the response! There should be a company that does this, or at the very least DJI should have a service that offers this as part of their after sales support.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom