1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

OSD on Marantz 6200

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by Ian J, Feb 1, 2002.

Tags:
  1. Ian J

Ian J
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,906
    Sony 1070 sold today and I am trying to set up my new Marantz 6200 but I am having a problem.

I have never bothered connecting video sources through the amp before but this time all of the set up options are only available on screen.

I still don't want to connect video through the amp but I need the OSD so have connected a phono to monitor out with the scart on the other end into AV3 on the TV but still no OSD.

Is it sufficient to connect to monitor out or do I actually have to connect something to a video terminal on the amp as well.

Ian

2. ReTrO

ReTrO

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +59
    All your SCARTs should take a composite feed so that should be no problem. Check the lead runs into SCART and not out, and make sure the monitor out has the OSD on it, some outputs are OSDless.

Gotta go to work now.

3. Ian J

Ian J
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,906
    Thanks for reply. I noticed that you were looking around last night which is why I sent you a PM but these things don't seem to be instantaneous and I saw that you logged off soon afterwards without presumably having received it.

Thanks again - I must have a faulty scart lead which has been lying around in the garage for years.

Ian

4. Ian J

Ian J
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,906
    Oh dear, it was a bad case of RTFM. having connected the monitor out to the TV I pressed the OSD button and nothing was happening.

After reading TFM I noticed that I had to press another button before pressing the OSD button and hey presto the OSD appeared.

5. ReTrO

ReTrO

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +59
    Doh!

At least you found out pretty quickly.