OSD issues, All other video is good.

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by kevin_24, Feb 4, 2009.

1. kevin_24

kevin_24
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Having an issue with on screen display (OSD)
    Set-up
    Optoma Projector, ( Don't have the model #) Dvi to hdmi adptr- interconnected with a 25' monster Mseries HD1000 cable to the 606 HDMI out. PS3 connected to the HDMI 1(DVD) assigned input. Dish-net HD 722 DVR connected to the CBL/TV HDMI input.

Issue..... BD playing on PS3, during movie preview, picture loses sync (??) and then locks in - during play back of movie , all is fine.
    Dish-net content plays fine no issues.
    OSD with come on the go to snow screen, and lock up, options are available on 606 frnt display.

the Dish 722 has max out of 1080i, the PS3 is 1080p, as well as the 606 ... is the issue that the projector will not take the 1080p for a long time, before it can not keep up ??

If this is the case then why is the BD working-
    Can I "tune-down" the out put of the 606 to 1080i to see if the issue goes away. ???

Saw many other issues in this tread with monitors or projectors early on, but didn't ever see a resolution..

2. Grangey.

Grangey.

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +886
    yes, in your OSD change your HDMI Output from "through" "Auto" or "1080p" whichever you are running at the moment... to 1080i this should downconvert things as far as Im aware

3. kevin_24

kevin_24
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I " down tuned to 1080i HDMI setting last night, and still have the same issues.
    I have now tried 4 differant cables
    33ft cables to go hdmi (606 end) dvi (projector end)
    This is the higher end cable form tigar direct.
    A monstor M series HD1000, and a Radio Shack highend 25 ft hdmi to hdmi with a monstor adptr to DVI. All have some degree of sync loss. I am now using the radio shack cable ( cheapest of them all ) and am getting equal amount of issues. Still get the snow screen in OSD functions after about 1-2 mins for clear picture.
    Thoughts..... was on hold with Onkyo last night for 1 hr before I had to leave. Will try again tonight..