1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

OSD doen't not apppear(AVR300)

Discussion in 'Arcam Owners' Forum' started by yves, May 16, 2005.

1. yves

yves

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

Just got my AVR300. Every thing work except the OSD screen. Yes, I set it to on in the video settings screen.

When it appear I can't read anything. Everything is fussy. I can not read the text. Sometime OSD don't appear at all.

Sometime I can't see my setting screen. So what is the problem?

I have an HDTV and I'm using the component connections. I have tried the s-video connection and it is not better.

A technician told me that because I have an HDTV, the OSD will not appear on my screen.

So is it true or not? If it is the case I guest I will have to return the machine and try to get a refund. I hope the technician is wrong.

Thanks

Yves

2. ANDY_DUTTON

ANDY_DUTTON

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +87
    The OSD works in interlaced mode only. So your TV will need to work in interlaced.

Try setting the OSD to mixed in the general settings menu, in this mode the OSD is overlayed on top of existing video. For display that are fussy on there input type this sometimes gives a stable picture. The input will need to be in interlaced for this to work otherwise the AVR300 will just show it on a black screen anyway.

If your display cannot automatically switch from progressive / HD to interlaced video the display will not work.

If it does not work on S-Video or Composite inputs then there may be a fault with your AVR300. If possible try it with another TV or ask your dealer to try it with another TV.

Please let me know what display you are using.

Regards,
    Andrew

3. yves

yves

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Mr. Dutton

I'm using a Sony-34HS510 (HDTV CRT). By the way a very good TV.

Yves