OS4 update, all contacts disappeared

Spafon

Established Member
Reaction score
Lost all my contacts, calender entries and notes :mad:
Tried to restore from backup but there's no option to restore from any backup before the os4 update (even though the backups are on my computer).
Not happy. I know the internet's full of those with the same problem, but does anyone have a fix?

Last edited:
Do you sync them 3 things with google? Mine all disappeared but reappeared when I left the phone on each one and allowed it to sync.

Do you sync them 3 things with google? Mine all disappeared but reappeared when I left the phone on each one and allowed it to sync.

No. Hindsight's a wonderful thing but I assumed syncing it with itunes would be enough. My music and apps have come back but not the important stuff. It's never been jailbroken by the way.

Ah, wasn't trying to rub it in, just thought it may have been the same issue I had. Hope you get it sorted.

Your best bet maybe to download backup extractor and extract the data, and then use a google account to upload the data and then sync with your phone.

http://www.iphonebackupextractor.com/

This is what I used. The free version should be ok.

I've not got my laptop on so can't check the process, but I think I did something similar.

Last edited:
Ah, wasn't trying to rub it in, just thought it may have been the same issue I had. Hope you get it sorted. Your best bet maybe to download backup extractor and extract the data, and then use a google account to upload the data and then sync with your phone. I've not got my laptop on so can't check the process, but I think I did something similar.

Honestly I wasn't getting at you mate, mad at myself. Thanks for the help I'll have a look at that :thumbsup:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom