• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

OS and APPS on SSD

drb5

Established Member
I know it's been asked a million times before, but I'm looking for someone to point me to a site with a simple break down of how to get OSX and Apps onto the SSD.

It's already installed in my 2013 MBP, as the main disk and the original HDD is now where the SuperDrive was.

I've reinstalled OSX, which I have on an SDHC and everything seems ok so far, but I'm getting a pop-up saying "The disk you inserted was not readable by this computer." with Initialize, Ignore and Eject as options.

In disk utility, my SSD is there at least, so it definately recognised.

Any help GREATLY appreciated.

drb5

Established Member
When I booted up the MBP after fitting the drives, it only gave me the original HDD as installing OSX. Can I install OSX onto the SSD at any point?

Apologies if that sounds a stupid question.

Having read through your links, it looks like I should now stick OSX onto the SSD, but does it complicate matters if I've already installed it on the HDD?

Last edited:

adonis

Prominent Member
You need to get to the OSX Recovery menu in step 8 in the first link above, that will give you access to Disk Utility where you can format/install to the SSD.

drb5

Established Member
Excellent, thanks. Will do that first.

drb5

Established Member
Lol ok thanks. :)

drb5

Established Member
Super. Currently installing onto my SSD. :)

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom