Orlando recommendations

What's your insurance situation for the new flights if you don't mind me asking?
Sorry I dont know, didnt look into it yet. Park tickets and accomodation were all booked last year and transferred to next year at no cost. Main risk with Virgin is they go bust, then its chargeback time on the credit card

Disney is reopening in Florida next month - no parades or special events, limited numbers and mandatory facemasks for over 3s and all staff.

I've managed to get an open ticket from Air France so we've cancelled for this year. Too many uncertainties for me, I'd rather wait. Glad Air France have been reasonable and allowed us to do that.

We’ve had our flight from Virgin cancelled for the 25th June, no surprises.

Had already cancelled our villa, car hire, two hotels we’d booked overnight stays at at end of March.

Managed to get in touch with Virgin via text and the refund process has started. No indication of how long it will take.

Managed to get in touch with Virgin via text and the refund process has started. No indication of how long it will take.
We were told up to 90 days for a refund....its amazing that they can take your money instantly but can't give it back as quick !

Our refund process started in March, still waiting to get it back !

We were told up to 90 days for a refund....its amazing that they can take your money instantly but can't give it back as quick !

Our refund process started in March, still waiting to get it back !

Thanks for that, yes I’ve been hearing some horror stories.

I’ll be checking in with them weekly!

@Donnacha Any progress with your refund from Virgin Atlantic? Any communication from them?

@Donnacha Any progress with your refund from Virgin Atlantic? Any communication from them?
Got another email abnout 2-3 days ago, saying that they're so busy its going to be another 50 days !! They've guaranteed that it'll be no more than 50 days, and maybe sooner....we'll see !!

Got another email abnout 2-3 days ago, saying that they're so busy its going to be another 50 days !! They've guaranteed that it'll be no more than 50 days, and maybe sooner....we'll see !!

That is ridiculous.

Another 50 days, blimey that around the end of July I think. Crazy.

We've just moved our holiday on again which is hopefully for the last time and we'll actually get to go. Now booked in for July 30th 2021 so fingers crossed everything is back to normal by then.

Have folks seen that Disney now expects you to book your park visit in advance, ie. you need to decide what day you are going to what park and reserve your slot. We got an email from the company we booked our park tickets through that because Disney will be operating at reduced capacity, you need to reserve your visit.....and its based on availability !!

Apparently the reservation system opens 28th June and is currently planned to be in place til Sept 2021.... so you need to get planning even if you're going next year !!

Have folks seen that Disney now expects you to book your park visit in advance, ie. you need to decide what day you are going to what park and reserve your slot. We got an email from the company we booked our park tickets through that because Disney will be operating at reduced capacity, you need to reserve your visit.....and its based on availability !!

Apparently the reservation system opens 28th June and is currently planned to be in place til Sept 2021.... so you need to get planning even if you're going next year !!
Was talking about this with the wife yesterday by pure coincidence.

Basically saying that Disney are very fortuitous to have their Magic Band system completely set up and working. What you've described should be relatively straightforward and automated.

It will be straightforward if you can get in the park the days you want to go. We'll be online the day the booking system goes live to see if we can get our Easter Dates booked in for each of the parks. it just means you have to plan the full 2 weeks in Orlando and that little bit of flexibility needed for things like weather conditions will go if days are "sold out". It might mean though that the fast pass system isn't needed if capacity is going to be limited, so you may get to go on all rides in a visit. It also says that park hopping won't be allowed in a single day, or nipping in to a park in the evening for the fireworks. .

I wonder how long til they are back up to full capacity?

I wouldn't be surprised if all of this is all 'just in case' and most of it is scapped by the time next summer comes around.

We're waiting to see what Disneyland California are going to be doing, as booked and paid for most of it way before lockdown. However, we hadn't bought the park tickets yet, which was unusual for us, and now the places we get them from have stopped selling them.

We've just cancelled our 3 weeks in September with flights (Virgin Atlantic) and hotel (The Homewood Suites by Hilton) booked through Expedia.
My wife started an online chat with Expedia a few days ago about cancelling and getting a refund. An agent said someone would be in touch in a few days once they've looked into it.
We discovered yesterday on a Facebook post that Virgin Atlantic have cancelled all scheduled flights to Orlando from Glasgow until next March.
She's just had an email from Expedia and they've agreed to refund our flights, we were offered a rebooking or a refund, we've agreed a refund and have been told we'll get it within 30 days.
A different agent will be in touch about refunding our hotel booking.
Hopefully we'll get back there same time in 2021.
EDIT.

My wife's just come off the phone from Expedia and that's our hotel also completely refunded.
Flight & Hotel price will be refunded back to our credit card within 30 days.
Kudos to Expedia so far, it's been painless and they haven’t tried to fob us off with vouchers.

Last edited:
I'm booked in for next August but I'm concerned how this new system will work. I wonder how far in advance you can book your place in the parks. I don't want to fly to Florida if I can't get in anywhere!

I'm booked in for next August but I'm concerned how this new system will work. I wonder how far in advance you can book your place in the parks. I don't want to fly to Florida if I can't get in anywhere!

This is what I've found from Disney:

That has been a month now since flights cancelled, no communication from Virgin regarding refund so I've taken it up with my credit card provider now Will be resolved one way or another by Virgin or MBNA within 45 days.

That has been a month now since flights cancelled, no communication from Virgin regarding refund so I've taken it up with my credit card provider now Will be resolved one way or another by Virgin or MBNA within 45 days.
Did you get through to Virgin to request a refund back when the flight was cancelled? It took me about 3 weeks from initial refund request to getting any acknowledgement that it had a case number etc.

I got money back from another airline within days, but I think Virgin are taking the mick now and I firmly believe that they are using the cash they owe me (and many others) as a means to keeping afloat until they get investment from elsewhere. I don't want them to go out of business (I have flights booked with them next Easter) but it bugs me that they can happily take my money instantly but take months to give it back, and they've already acknowledged that they need to give it back.....well just bloody do it, its not that hard to reverse a transaction !!

Did you get through to Virgin to request a refund back when the flight was cancelled? It took me about 3 weeks from initial refund request to getting any acknowledgement that it had a case number etc.

I got money back from another airline within days, but I think Virgin are taking the mick now and I firmly believe that they are using the cash they owe me (and many others) as a means to keeping afloat until they get investment from elsewhere. I don't want them to go out of business (I have flights booked with them next Easter) but it bugs me that they can happily take my money instantly but take months to give it back, and they've already acknowledged that they need to give it back.....well just bloody do it, its not that hard to reverse a transaction !!

The only communication method available to us was via WhatsApp. The flight was cancelled on the 25th of May, and we contacted them same day. After lots of back and forth (trying to get us to reschedule flights or take voucher for future travel) they began the refund process for us.

The WhatsApp conversation has been deleted from their end, and didn’t receive any sort of confirmation of a timescale or that it was actually progressing, so just contacted my card provider today.

Emailed the dispute department my booking details and cancellation confirmation, and told money would be back with me within 45 days.

Virgin might very well come through within that timeframe, but it’s the sheer lack of any communication that concerns me. At least I now know it’s in hand, and have a timescale.

Good luck your end, hopefully you don’t have much longer to wait.

BTW we made our park reservations on Sunday for next Easter. Each parked booked twice over the 2 weeks we’re there.....hopefully !!!

I've read this whole thread and am ridiculously jealous of you all who made it out to Orlando.

Our little one turns two next month, probably a trip to Disney Paris is in order next year. Trying to decide when to do the big trip in Orlando. I went when I was 9 I think.

I'm not sure I can wait 7 more years [emoji23]

Thread resurrection. 4 years after my first jealousy post on this thread! On Thursday the Disney offer for 2022 goes on sale, up to $950 meal credits per room, plus $200 gift card.

The fabled free dining offer? No, but that doesn't seem to be happening.

5 years after following the OPs Orlando booking adventure, I am pretty close to pulling the trigger for August next year for 3 weeks in Orlando.

Who's with me?!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom