1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Orion Plavo PTS 4241 - newbie after opinions

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by specky, May 4, 2005.

1. specky

specky

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all, :hiya:

Not posted for a while...I'm in the market for a plasma and I've got limited knowledge so I thought I'd ask you guys.

I'm considering the Orion Plavo PTS 4241 and I'd really like to know if anyone has seen one of these before or has any opinions on it. It's going very cheap at £899 at www.flattelly.co.uk but I was wondering if it is a really good deal or if it's such a low price for a reason. I've looked at the specs and it seems a reasonable bit of kit to me but as I say, my knowledge on these things is limited.

So speak up, let's hear those opinions (polite ones please!) :)

Cheers.

2. SteveW70

SteveW70

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Specky,
    Without going into details I have recently had to buy 2 of these plasmas and install them in a sales centre/showhome.

I was really impressed with the pictures considering they are both fed with composite cables 3 x RCA (Red,White and Yellow Phono) from 1 DVD Player.
    The reason we had to use composite cables then solder plugs on the ends is because of the very long runs one being 10mts and the other being 40mts :eek:

I would of thought that feed this TV with a better signal via better cables and the pictures would be superb.

I cant comment on the speakers as the package we purchased was plasma and wall bracket only as we used flush mounted ceiling speakers in every room ;)

Brilliant value for money imho :smashin:

3. specky

specky

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Cheers SteveW70, thanks for the feedback - much appreciated.

I notice you have a Video 7 LTV32D - I was seriously considering one of this as well - how have you found it?

4. SteveW70

SteveW70

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Dont start me on that, LOL, i'm beginning to sound like the V7 support club on the LCD Forum.

I can honestly say its superb but if you want anymore info then send me a PM or post on the LCD Forum or we might get told off, LOL. :smashin: