Original XBox VS Tivo on S-Video

benc007

Standard Member
Reaction score
For my Panasonic plasma TV, I only have 1 video input, made up of 3 connections (red, white and yellow) and 1 S-Video connection right beside it.

I have my Original XBox connected to the 3 connections and Tivo connected to the S-Video connection. The problem is that when S-Video is connected, I can't see my Xbox. What should I do? Please help.

‘For my Panasonic plasma TV’ - if you list the model number and or link to the Specs for your TV folk can advise better.

Joe

Does your TiVo box have an AV Input on it?

That would potentially allow you to ‘switch’ the Xbox via the TiVo – the problem you have is that the AV Input on the rear of the TV has both Composite + S-video Input sockets but only one can be active.

Joe

Tivo audio output (red and white) are going to home theater, and S-video is going to the TV. On the Tivo, there is a audio / video input (red, white and yellow) and s-video input that aren't used. I connected Xbox audio / video out to the Tivo, but when I use the Tivo remote to select inputs, it controls the TV's input sources and I can't see the Xbox.

I can change channels, but not all of the time, via IR / RF wires that connect to Tivo and hang in front of the cable box? :(

Last edited:
Can you use front panel controls on the TiVo box to test the AV Input works with the Xbox.

Joe

Using the front panel controls the AV input works with Xbox via Video 2.

Problem solved then - assuming you can live with manually selecting the AV Input on the TiVo box?

Joe

No the problem remains. I have to plug the Xbox into the video2 input at the front of the TV. The Tivo box does not have AV input input on the front. I want to connect the Xbox to the rear of the TV.

On the TiVo remote can’t you control just the TiVo rather than the TV?

On the TiVo chassis are there no buttons to allow you to manually select the AV Input – with the Xbox connected to the AV Input on the TiVo box?

Joe

On the Tivo, I can select the input but it shows the same inputs as when I click on the input / source button on my TV. On the Tivo I can not manually select the AV input.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom