Original Xbox Save Game Transfer (ELITE owners please help!)

Discussion in 'Xbox Forums' started by tianuk, Sep 3, 2007.

1. tianuk

tianuk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    Hey :hiya:

I am about to buy an Elite and therefore will need to transfer all my saves/profiles from previous xbox premium to new elite.

However while looking today at the data of games, with all the original xbox games (backward compatible) there is no option to copy or move JUST delete.

Does this mean that if i can the transfer cable from M$ I won't be able to transfer any of my original xbox save games across?!?!! I really hope this isnt the case as it may prevent me from gettin an elite...

Can anyone please help?! Many thanks :hiya: :lease:

2. tianuk

tianuk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    bump...:(

3. danvitale

danvitale

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +114
    When you get the transfer kit (you will need to contact Microsoft to order one....) you will get a disc that boots up into a copy utility. This utility duplicates exactly the contents of your 20gb HDD onto the 120gb HDD. Its essentially a mirror image of your existing storage device and should therefore copy every single one of your save game files regardless of it was for the 360 or Xbox 1.

4. p9ul

p9ul

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +780
    I've read on another forum that if you trade in a Premium at Gamestation yuo are able to keep your existing HDD for 20 days so you can copy your data over - you are also given a code to use in a link on xbox.com to get the transfer cable.

Copying data over is a 1 shot deal though, you can't go back and forward with data shoudl you (want or) need to.