• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Original Xbox Games

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jamieking86

Standard Member
Hi guys im new to the whole 360 thing and im just learning. I have a router but not wireless adapter yet, so im not able to get online just yet, soon to be though. I try playin splinter cell chaos theory which is an original xbox game and it comes up with a message, this format is not supported. Please visit xbox.com (or xbox live, cant remember which it says) for an update. Which i will do when i can afford an adapter, but just asking, do you have to download and install an update to be able to play original games? Is this normal? Thanks, Jamie

Jamieking86

Standard Member
apologies for double posting and making a pointless thread. I looked in the FAQ and found an update that i burnt to CD then inserted into xbox and it updated automatically. If people are having same questions about this, then that is the thing to do. Apologies again, but i'm glad to be a part of the Xbox360 community :)

Ico.

No problem I'm glad you got it sorted!

Could you get a ethernet wire to your router? I know it's not always possible for a lot of people but my 360 is the only thing I have wired to my router as everything else has a wireless connection so I just moved my router closer.:smashin:

Oh and welcome to the 360, and the forums!:thumbsup:

Jamieking86

Standard Member
Thank you :)

No my xbox is upstairs, my router is downstairs, and connects to the modem from my virgin media box via ethernet then to my PC via ethernet, so the only way of conecting to the xbox, without having a 50m wire hanging around the house, is getting an xbox wireless adapter, which is my next buy :)

Ico.

Thank you :)

No my xbox is upstairs, my router is downstairs, and connects to the modem from my virgin media box via ethernet then to my PC via ethernet, so the only way of conecting to the xbox, without having a 50m wire hanging around the house, is getting an xbox wireless adapter, which is my next buy :)

Yeah I guess that would be a bit of a stretch for a wire!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom