Original ProAc Tablettes?

bigal202

Standard Member
Hi,

I bought a pair of secondhand Proac Tablettes way back in 1984. I think they're the original 1979 / first model that came out but not sure. They have served me well and I had no intention of upgrading until I read a review of the Tablette III.

Has anyone upgraded from the original to newer tablettes? Was it worth it? And does anyone know the spec of the originals? All I know is what's written at the back: 80 watts, 8 Ohm impendance. It also states "ProAc: designers & manufacturers" of high quality loudpseakers (That I can vouch for) Borehamwood, Herts. It looks like they moved since.

Thanks for any information.

Helicon

Banned
I'd say you're better off improving your amplification. the better your amp is, the better your Proacs will sound.

T

tonyjover

Hi,
It also states "ProAc: designers & manufacturers" of high quality loudpseakers (That I can vouch for) Borehamwood, Herts. It looks like they moved since.

To resurrect a truly ancient thread - Proac are now in Brackley, Northamptonshire.

ProAc - perfectly natural

And i agree - the Tablettes are great little speakers. I own three generations of them and no, the difference isn't terribly huge between the newer versions and the original "Super Tablettes"

Regards,
Tony :)

The latest video from AVForums

Are the TCL MiniLED TVs better than OLED? TCL Interview with Marek Maciejewski | AVForums Podcast
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom