Original HD Promises?

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by colham, May 8, 2007.

1. colham

colham

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +19
    Does anyone have a copy of the original HD promises that Sky made about the HD service.

I remember reading about the original line up, and about more channels being added - music being one.

It seems like the line-up hasn't changed since launch (apart from longer running Movies).

I wonder if its about time Sky answered some of those questions on this forum (I say that as they don't seem to anywhere else). They're keen to address the Sky/Sky+ forum about Anytime and Movies, but I've not seen a thread on here about their premium service.

And before anyone says - yes I entered into the deal with my eyes open, no-one put a gun to my head yadda yadda. I'd just like to see some more action.

2. Starburst

Starburst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +975
    You need to define what was said officially and what was said by those who may work for SKY (CS who we know in some cases know less than us) or get paid for selling SKY and therefore sugar coat things:)
    I don't remember a music channel being specifically mentioned since at the time the delay in The History HD channel was the main let down before launch not some nebulous music channel.

At this point I don't feel cheated and I consider SKY have met their official HD offering based on what I expected from the day orders were initially taken and in particular the disappointment in the announcement of a simulcast SKY1 in HD. Thankfully they did meet my overall PQ expectations thanks to the addition of a new transponder and reshuffling of the feeds to maximise bandwidth, shame it took so long and no doubt hurt sales and early retention.

Anything else such as a HD music channel was at best speculation.

3. danvitale

danvitale

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +114
    Sky have been working on getting the platform right for the first year. Once it works well we'll see them switching to adding more HD content (which they already promised in the press release a few weeks ago).

4. Neil Watson

Neil Watson

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +78
    In which case they aren't gonna be adding anymore channels soon as it still doesn't work correctly :D