Ori And The Will of The Wisps (X1)

This is one of the few games I'll purchase as soon as I can.

Have they given any indication of when this is out? This year, next year at least?

Loving the look of this. Ori 1 was fantastic. Shame it's so far off.

I hope the devs have included some decent HUD options in the game.

Like what ?
I appreciate the HUD is quite minimal, but why place it right in the middle of the screen at the bottom, it’s very eye catching. It would be nice to be able to move it somewhere else. Even better would be an option to remove it altogether (I think the PC version of the original had this), or the very least have a dynamic hud, that could appear only when encountering enemies, or with a simple button press. The last year I have been gaming HUD free when games allow it, and the emersion is so much better, I feel nowadays every new game should allow you to customise the HUD to some degree.

Surprised there not been that much chatter about this - looking forward to getting started later. Loved the original Ori and a lot of the reviews have said this is even better.

Been scoring very well on metacritic (currently on 91 aggregated score)

First boss i'm dying constanly cannot run away without being hit and fire does nothing?
Edit:Just done first boss fire works in certain animations only?
Deleted

Last edited:
For those gaming in HDR what have you set Paperwhite too? default seemed a bit too dark but unsure how far I should push it.

Have only played for half an hour but every bit as good as the first and the music is just sublime.

Been playing for the last few hours and yea definitely getting some disappointing slowdown.

The original Ori was one of my favourite games of this generation but I'm struggling with this one, it's lost a lot of the simplicity that worked so well in the original one and I'm a bit lost with all these different upgrade options and weapons, all these different vendors all over the place plus finding it frustrating I have to choose between these options rather than just being able to have them all at once as in the original game. I did find the first Ori game frustrating to begin with but as you started to get upgrades it quickly became a lot better but now I have to choose between health, enemy damage etc.

What I'm also finding frustrating are the controls which I can't seem to work out how to remap, there's a reset key bindings option but nothing else I do on that screen seems to be make any difference. Having bash on the left bumper is a really bizarre choice and I want to move it back to the Y button as it was in the original game and use the left trigger for the arrow option.

Given how long the game has taken to come out I'm baffled how it's been released with performance problems especially as stutters severely disrupt the gameplay.

Given how long the game has taken to come out I'm baffled how it's been released with performance problems especially as stutters severely disrupt the gameplay.

Yeah, that's a good point. Still, I'm enjoying the game a lot - more of the same really (not a bad thing given how good the original was/is). I'm playing on X which has perf issues but not too bad. The odd stutter here and there. I'm sure there have been dropped frames but I've not noticed too much.

I know what you mean about the upgrades and the spirit things you have a few slots for - not explained very well I don't think.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom