Question organising steam games......

MikeKay1976

Distinguished Member
wow i seem to be hammering the questions this week.

I have had a look, but it seems you cant do this, however it is such a simple, obvious request I find it mind boggling that it is not in so am hoping i am being blind.

I have 2 games PCs running steam, 1 an arcade machine with digital controls and a trackball, and then my gaming rig.

I intend to install all games which are better with digital controls onto the arcade (say speedball2 and chaos engine for eg) and then the rest on my proper rig.

How can i sort my games so that my arcade bunches the games i want together and my games rig ignores them?

I looked at the favourite header, but this is account specific not machine specific so i cant have 2 different ones.

Also, games installed on my main rig which are playable via streaming on my other rig, can i bunch these separate, so they do not muddy the water?

Surely this basic functionality is somewhere but if it is, i cant find it :/

thanks

aslird

Distinguished Member
You can set categories, but not sure if this is account specific, or machine.

richardb70

Distinguished Member
Categories are account-specific, so you could have "arcade", "completed" etc. You can also restrict the library view to "installed games only" which is machine-specific.

Sinzer

Distinguished Member
Right click in the left hand panel where the games are listed and go to Set Categories.

Here you can add a category and then you can tick it. If you want games to appear in multiple categories then you can also select more than one.

The only annoying thing is that at the start you have to manually add each game, once it is set up though it is fine.

It also is account bound so will follow you around from PC to PC.

jassco

Distinguished Member
Right click in the left hand panel where the games are listed and go to Set Categories.

Here you can add a category and then you can tick it. If you want games to appear in multiple categories then you can also select more than one.

The only annoying thing is that at the start you have to manually add each game, once it is set up though it is fine.

It also is account bound so will follow you around from PC to PC.
I'm not sure if it's new, but you can now select multiple games (ctrl / shift + click) and set categories that way, making it much quicker than doing individually :smashin:

MikeKay1976

Distinguished Member
smashing chaps, I knew you would not let me down :)

Thanks

Sinzer

Distinguished Member
Ah never knew that, too late for me :)

I only keep an archive category and just move old games I will likely never play again there.

jassco

Distinguished Member
Ah never knew that, too late for me :)

I only keep an archive category and just move old games I will likely never play again there.
I only noticed the other day after having to reinstall steam and the 99% of games I had hidden were showing again. No way I was going to hide them all individually again!

The latest video from AVForums

Are the TCL MiniLED TVs better than OLED? TCL Interview with Marek Maciejewski | AVForums Podcast
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom