Ordinary Love (Liam Neeson, Lesley Manville, Italy Blu-ray, November 2020)

IGC

ordinarylove copy.png

UPC: 8421394414853

A really well done film from Northern Ireland. Nesson and Manville are brilliant it really feels like they're a couple (called good acting I think).

Sad this has barely gotten a release especially only in HD in Italy. Lazy ass former studio Universal managed a DVD for the UK not sure why they bothered they've essentially thrown in the towel and handed over distribution duties to streamers.

The production and direction is great. There's a camera shot at the start of the film which I don't think I've ever seen exactly before which shows some interesting talent.

Neeson never seems to give a bad performance (save for the Star Wars remake due to the plastic doll directing). First noticed Manville in Phantom Thread, she's obviously a great actress. Any recommendations where she has such an important role? Seems to have done a load of TV stuff.

I bought the Italian Blu-ray (PRIMI10 gets you €10 off €25 if you change your mobile app to Italy for the first time app order -I threw in The Princess Bride UHD too) which looks great.

Fixed that for you:

Ordinary Love.JPG

Cover 10MB version here) an English language cover (slightly oversized width so you can trim to fit an approximate 11mm case -no 2 "11mm" cases seems to be the same size). The drab colours are correct to the original materials the Italy release has pumped up the colours for some reason to make it more Hollywood or something.

official (2).gif

Legal note from Giuliani, Parnas & Fruman LLC: Liam's Nissan has made it known he was not about to snap the neck of Ms Manville in the film poster above even though he is contracted to kill no less than three people in every motion picture in which he appears.

The latest video from AVForums

AVForums Movies Podcast: Streaming Theatrical Releases And The Future Of Cinema
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom