Ordering via Comet

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by White Noise, Mar 24, 2006.

1. White Noise

White Noise

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Looked on the forum before starting work this morning and figured the best option would be to shoot down to the local Comet (Huddersfield) at 9am.

I was the first to order, they were quickly scanning through a 3 page letter they'd received. They obviously knew something was happening but didn't know til they read the details "...from 24th March at 9.am etc".

Didn't have to give my viewing card number, although I'd written it down in case.

They rang through a number on the till, took my details and £30 deposit, but it all seems to go through Sky. Was hoping they'd have a delivery of boxes to the store but it just seems like I've been added to Sky's installation list.

More of a way of customers avoiding calling Sky than actually buying instore then. It said on the letter Sky would call after the 6th April to arrange the installation and it was only through this forum that I realised to give my mobile number for them to contact me.

All ordered then thanks to this forum!!:clap:

Don't understand the receipt, just a standard Comet Sales receipt that says

item details:

SALE
    EXIST SUB/SKYHD/MULTI

SKY HD BOX 1 299.99
    11 PACKAGES 269.99-

SKY DIGIBOXSKY 1 169.00
    11 PACKAGES 169.00-

No details about them calling after the 6th or 12 month comital with phone line. just new about the date from the bloke reading the letter out loud.

2. chaddy

chaddy
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +66
    Same here, me and my dad registered but only i got e-mails, but thurs 23rd we say on the forum that someone was told when they went to comet that evening that they could come back in the moring and order it.
    So friday i got an e-mail off sky saying that i could pre order, but again my dad didn't the e-mail, i phoned him and said we could now pre order and he said 2hrs in front of ya, went down to come ton way to work and waited for them to open, went in and asked if he could pre order.
    This is where the story is the same as yours, look of fear on the young girls face, a phone call upstairs and the manager with a few pages of documents.
    10mins later Sky HD pre ordered, was told the same as you.
    But after these rumors that you could only pre order if you got the e-mail, starting to worry a bit as it was me who ot the e-mail but my dads name on the sky contract.
    Hopefuly one of the 1st batch.

3. danielstony

danielstony

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    My own personal experiences with Comet mean that I will NEVER deal with them again, they wont refund anything (camcorder sold to me didnt meet my requirements as stated), their complaints dept stall you at every turn so basically if you have an alternative (like ordering SKY HD via the internet) I would take it.