• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Ordering PC monitor for Xbox360 gaming

BandofBrothers

Hey guys,

Sorry for another thread on this topic - I did do a search and saw a few older threads. I am looking to buy a PC monitor to use with my Macbook Pro laptop and also my XBOX 360 console (which arrived today).

I would like one which is FULL HD, good response times for gaming etc.

I am looking at this one: BENQ XL2410T

It seems to have good reviews. I have a stupid question - this monitor works best at 120hz, can the xbox 360 run at this?

Many thanks for any help:smashin:

Dinky Dragon

Dont worry about that 120hz.

The 360 will output at 60hz and the monitor will add an extra frame in there (making up 120).

It will be fine matey!

Mooey

Standard Member
I was looking at getting the XL2410T a few months back but went for the lg W2363D. Reviews seemed good, good response times, low input lag plus it was alot cheaper. Got mine from dabs for £160.

Last edited:

Sniper Ash6

Distinguished Member
There are a few over in the PC Gaming section with the XL2410T and it's highly recommended as well as reviewing well, as you say.

The 360 can't output 120Hz but the monitor will be fine with the 60Hz signal the 360 can output. Unless you have plans to make use of its headline features (120Hz and/or 3D) then I'd probably say to save some cash and go for something like an Iiyama monitor.

Dinky Dragon

Agreed with Ash, plus the last thing you want when gaming is extra screens to 'make gameplay smoother'

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom