ordering over the phone (RGBdirect)

soil

Standard Member
i was about to order the sony KDL-26S2010U from RGB but they dont accept solo cards over there site, only by phone... (ANNOYED)

i sent them a email asking them if i can order online insted some how but im sure they will ask me to phone up insted as they prity much say phone us for more info on all the emails iv sent.

is it safe to order stuff over the phone? just never done it... only over the net which im fine about.

:( just when i thort everything was going to go well.

gaz2785

It makes very little difference really.

On their site they may be going through a third-party payment provider and don't get to see your card number, whereas over the fone they would be processing your card manually.

Either way, you have to give your card details.

I know some people who prefer paying for things over the phone and not online!

Also, if a purchase is made WITHOUT signature/chip&pin verification (i.e. online or phone transaction) I think all the risk lies with the retailer, so you're completely safe if your card is used fraudulently. I had my card used to buy stuff online one from America and the bank gave me all the money back.

soil

Standard Member
k i guess its fine to do it, what if i was to ask if i could do it by email? and they just fill in the form from info off the email insted of me having to phone...
(i just dont like calling up :blush: )

What if a hacker gets the details off your email. You won't be covered by your bank.
That's why they always say never give out your card details via email or msn.

Sandy13

soil said:
k i guess its fine to do it, what if i was to ask if i could do it by email? and they just fill in the form from info off the email insted of me having to phone...
(i just dont like calling up :blush: )
E-mail them with your concerns, and tell them that's the only way they will get your order. I'm sure they'll accomodate you.

boksbox

Sandy13 said:
E-mail them with your concerns, and tell them that's the only way they will get your order. I'm sure they'll accomodate you.
I'm sure they will but why would you risk your credit card details on an unsecured clear text email?

I've been into both shops I can assure you that they don't bite but I wouldn't put my card details in an email

soil

Standard Member
:thumbsup: ordered it over the phone loads of dam problems with phoneing up!

1st of all i said u take solo card over the phone and the woman replyed no sorry we dont...
then i go but ur site says u do and in a email u said u do.
so she buggaed off and got someone else, which was helpful and got it all sorted out with no problem.
but nere the end when he was putting the order onto my card the stupid woman from the start went on the phone and says "right so with out the stand its 600 and with the stand its 1000" i was going ****ing crazy thinking that i wouldnt get a stand and they put the order on it thinking the tv will just fall over on its own with nothing to hold it up then she buggas off again and the guy comes back and says sorry for the mix up different order...
but after that all went fine got the order number and will be getting it some time next week and theyre using citylink :thumbsup: would be nice to of known the date i would be getting it so i can watch out for it and not have music playing.

nice site i knew i should done what was put in the email "ask for jay" stupid new person trying to screwing everything up! :(

would be so much nicer if could of just ordered it online :rolleyes:

oh well cant wait :D

spice2019

Novice Member
Good choice, Soil. I'm gonna get this model off RGB Direct too (good store rating). The only issue though is the delivery time, up to 14 days!

Let us know how you rate the screen?

soil

Standard Member
will do.

by sometime next week do they mean anytime from 29th - 1st or anytime from 29th - 10th?

gaz2785

Glad you got it sorted.

And putting your credit cards in an email would not be safe. A plain text email could be intercepted.

Phone and online orders are as safe as houses though...

andykn

Novice Member
Some of us remember when you couldn't order anything over the internet....

Did you give them an email address? They might let you know when they've dispatched the set and give you a Citylink tracking number. You can stay up all night then and track it from their local depot to your local one and then onto the van.:thumbsup:

soil

Standard Member
im planning on emailing rgb on tuesday asking if they know when ill be getting it then if they say its been sent to the citylink place (20min away from me) ill email or call them up asking which day they r planning on sending it. atleast i know that citylink come at around 11am (have done for the past 3times) :rolleyes: